Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
If they make an appt would that guarantee you could get one on launch day? I would think you have to get there early and they wouldn't hold it

Who knows but probably not as they have no idea what's coming regarding color or memory but she says pluses are coming. I don't care about color but do want 128 or 256 if I had to. 32 isn't enough.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I have 2 different dates so who knows!!! I'm thinking my 128 gb black plus will be here by 9/23 and the 128 gb jet black plus will be here by 10/5...

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I'm going to throw this out there but if we don't see a charge on CC's tonight or by tomorrow AM when we get up, no one is getting a plus on launch day....I could buy the system lagging and not being updated in terms of shipping data etc... but charges applied to cards is a different system altogether and separate set of software on Verizon's end unrelated to the shipping software and inventory software. I guess what I'm saying is I can buy launch date arrivals if the charges start appearing on cards today or tonight, without that, I think next Friday is more than likely.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm going to throw this out there but if we don't see a charge on CC's tonight or by tomorrow AM when we get up, no one is getting a plus on launch day....I could buy the system lagging and not being updated in terms of shipping data etc... but charges applied to cards is a different system altogether and separate set of software on Verizon's end unrelated to the shipping software and inventory software. I guess what I'm saying is I can buy launch date arrivals if the charges start appearing on cards today or tonight, without that, I think next Friday is more than likely.
In previous years, though with a different carrier, T-Mo, I had nothing until the Thursday night before launch. At 6pm Thursday before the 6, my card was charged, the phone left Louisville or Memphis, I can't recall, and it arrived at the local distort hub Friday morning and was in my hands Friday afternoon. If you have nothing by around 4 or 5 Thursday, then its REALLY safe to assume you won't be getting it Friday.

Reactions: jimmyb124

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
I have a 10/5 delivery for a Jet Black 7 128GB (ordered at 3:27AM on 9/9) and I'm thinking about canceling. I'm having second thoughts about the Jet Black anyway. I don't use a case and I'm sure it will look destroyed in a month's time.

What do you think the odds of me getting a 32GB 7 in Black [matte] via Verizon by Friday if I order it now?

hayito76

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
NYC
Hi, will keep giving you updates on these:

1) iphone 7 Plus 256GB Black / Ordered 3.20AM / Delivery by 9/23
2) iPhone 7 256GB White / Ordered 3.25AM / Delivery by 9/23 (CC was charged this morning and will arrive on 9/16
3) iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Jetblack / Ordered 3.35AM / Delivery by 9/28

All units purchased at Full Retail, don't know if that makes a difference for the availability date on VZW.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I have a 10/5 delivery for a Jet Black 7 128GB (ordered at 3:27AM on 9/9) and I'm thinking about canceling. I'm having second thoughts about the Jet Black anyway. I don't use a case and I'm sure it will look destroyed in a month's time.

What do you think the odds of me getting a 32GB 7 in Black [matte] via Verizon by Friday if I order it now?
I would say not a good chance. However, if you try a VZW store I'd expect you should be able to get one if you line up early enough.

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010

I traded my iphone 6 for iphone7, black 32gb on Sunday night. I got the tracking number last night to be delivered on Friday. Chances are good that you will get one.

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
well I am still showing processing. I called a verizon shop in the mall and she took my info. Not sure if she is legit but she says she will call me Friday morning and if they have a 7 plus I want I have to go in at a particular time and pick it up. Seems too easy lol

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA

Absolutely 0 odds. Just my opinion.

twostep665

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
thinking of coming back from android. what are the chances I could walk into a verizon store on saturday and walk out with a 7+?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.