Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
UPS77 on https://flightaware.com/live/iphone looks to be off course! Hope my Plus isn't on there!

It's not!!! No iPhones coming to Louisville without going somewhere else in the lower 48 first for processing. This is different than in the past but if it comes UPS it will most likely be thru Louisville sometime between now and Friday.

No Anchorage to Louisville flights have iPhones this year, at least until after launch.

Reactions: imod4fun

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
It's not!!! No iPhones coming to Louisville without going somewhere else in the lower 48 first for processing. This is different than in the past but if it comes UPS it will most likely be thru Louisville sometime between now and Friday.

No Anchorage to Louisville flights have iPhones this year, at least until after launch.

How do you know that? Just curious?

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN

According to FlightAware there have been plenty of flights with iPhones from anchorage to Louisville?

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
According to FlightAware there have been plenty of flights with iPhones from anchorage to Louisville?
No Flight Aware is just telling you all flights coming out of anchorage that originated in China because in the past that's how things went. This year is different. I have no reason to lie to you and the tracking numbers will confirm it when people start getting more of them.

Also, if flight aware was correct there would be no shortage of iPhones because there are lots of flights!! It's really no different than the media or anyone else. Flight Aware knows they help sell their product by using the iPhone tracking as hype.

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
If iOS 10 GM was released on 9/6 and pre orders of the new iphone started on 9/9, does that mean that Apple had only 3 days to upgrade all of their inventory and package to have it ready to ship ?

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
If iOS 10 GM was released on 9/6 and pre orders of the new iphone started on 9/9, does that mean that Apple had only 3 days to upgrade all of their inventory and package to have it ready to ship ?

No there will be an update for the new phones. They probably have 10.0.0 on them I'm guessing and will update to 10.0.1 which is out today.

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
No there will be an update for the new phones. They probably have 10.0.0 on them I'm guessing and will update to 10.0.1 which is out today.

Thanks, that makes sense, i see that the software update pulled iOS 10.0.1, so like you said, most likely we will have to do an update when we get it on the 16th.

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA

You have to realize Apple had already GM for weeks before it was released to us. Those phones already have the GM installed.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Doesn't Verizon ship thru Fedex though?

To final destination: yes.

Your phone has to get a label on it after you preordered so that gets done at a carrier facility in the states. So the phones come in mass from oversees and go to facilities where they are sorted, labeled, packaged back up and sent to the shipper. So technically your phone could be sent to the United States by UPS then eventually delivered by FedEx once labeled.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
No Flight Aware is just telling you all flights coming out of anchorage that originated in China because in the past that's how things went. This year is different. I have no reason to lie to you and the tracking numbers will confirm it when people start getting more of them.

Also, if flight aware was correct there would be no shortage of iPhones because there are lots of flights!! It's really no different than the media or anyone else. Flight Aware knows they help sell their product by using the iPhone tracking as hype.

There should be lots of flights. It would take 100 flights to get 20 million phones over here with 200k phones on each plane.

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
In case anyone gave Verizon a credit card that has a different billing address than what's on the account - the rep I spoke with assured me it would not be an issue. Fingers crossed.

2 years ago I had this problem. Used my card on my parents account and it got declined. Lost my spot in line and had to wait almost 2 months for the phone on a new order.

Just in case......I went into the search order screen and changed the payment info with my billing zip code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.