Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleJuice15

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I'm seeing a lot of VZW 7+ Gold 128gb having the 9/28 like myself... The rep told me he was "sure" it would be before that on pre-order day. I may do the "stop by on my way into work Friday" thing if it doesn't ship. In the meantime, i'll play with the watchOS 3 :oops:
:apple:

Reactions: lienhart

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Are we able to do our trade in at a local agency or is the promotion only valid through sending off our phone? It's easier for me to just give them my phone on Friday when I pick up my 7 then sending it off.

bfg110

macrumors member
May 29, 2006
Everyone laughed at Samsung for having exploding phones. I'd rather run that risk than no phone at all haha

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Figured I would throw in my details as well. I ordered a Black 7+ 128 and have a ship date of 9/23. I also ordered it at 0316 and got email at 0318. Still no credit card activity or shipping movement, the shipping page still says processing. Honestly people who preordered within the first 20 minutes should be able to get their devices on launch day. Verizon and Apple should have made sure that they have stock for people for even the first hour for all configurations. This is the first iPhone I have preordered since the iPhone 5. Luckily at the time I worked at a Verizon store so I was able to preorder before we opened.

Reactions: imod4fun

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
We had such a civil 1775 posts...
I dare to point out that the American Revolution began in 1775. So there's that.
[doublepost=1473800641][/doublepost]
Weren't we all given the dates when we placed the orders?

This isn't a surprise, right?
The date I was given was 9/16 by the site upon ordering, the email, and my Verizon account. So yes, actually, this is a surprise.

Reactions: jayers33

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
No not really a surprise, however from what I have gathered in this thread everyone who got a plus model no matter the color or size were for the vast majority given the same date none of which were launch day

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
No not really a surprise, however from what I have gathered in this thread everyone who got a plus model no matter the color or size were for the vast majority given the same date none of which were launch day
The 128gig rose golds were given launch day. Only when we click through the email link do we get 9/28. Everywhere else says 9/16. But with no CC charges and no shipping updates, its looking more like 9/28 than 9/16.

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
Are we able to do our trade in at a local agency or is the promotion only valid through sending off our phone? It's easier for me to just give them my phone on Friday when I pick up my 7 then sending it off.

The rep told me that you would have to send it in by mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajaxmonkey

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
The 128gig rose golds were given launch day. Only when we click through the email link do we get 9/28. Everywhere else says 9/16. But with no CC charges and no shipping updates, its looking more like 9/28 than 9/16.
Ok, fair enough - I apologize.
[doublepost=1473801079][/doublepost]I do have a feeling a lot of these will begin moving overnight. I'm sure VZW was bombarded with this promotion. Probably can't keep up yet.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
I dare to point out that the American Revolution began in 1775. So there's that.
[doublepost=1473800641][/doublepost]
The date I was given was 9/16 by the site upon ordering, the email, and my Verizon account. So yes, actually, this is a surprise.
ah

Yeah I was given 09/16 when I completed my pre order as well.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Agreed. It's not cool when you order a phone based on the date they are advertising and they change it after you place the order.

At the end of the day we will all be living our lives like normal a day or two after the phone arrives and the new toy feel wears off, but that doesn't change the fact that WE WANT OUR PHONES ASAP, PLEASE. :)

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
Anybody already order a case and a screen protector? i hate cases and screen protectors on the iphone but this time i got a thin case and a thin screen protector.

My iphone 6s screen is all scratched, im going to try to take care of my iphone 7.

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
Anybody already order a case and a screen protector? i hate cases and screen protectors on the iphone but this time i got a thin case and a thin screen protector.

My iphone 6s screen is all scratched, im going to try to take care of my iphone 7.
Got an Apple leather case coming today for my 7 Plus and ordering a Glass+ screen protector from Zagg right now! I don't do cases normally but I got jet black so figured I should. The screen protector is always worth it though!

Reactions: iteklog

Carlow

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014

I have 3 cases coming in lol. I've dropped my 6 plus two times on accident and each time the screen cracked. I'm usually more careful but I'm not taking the risk.

Reactions: iteklog

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Getting closer!

c4ce9442cc1690e02476db3ffc58b753.jpg

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Two questions.

I didn't opt to trade in my iPhone. My shipping email from Verizon says don't forget to trade in my phone when my iPhone comes. No. I paid off the current phone in full. Anyone get that message?

Secondly in my Verizon. My phone that shows how much of your device payment. Now shows my old iPhone 6 and says device payment start 9/11. 0$ paid. Is that just like that until I activate my 7?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Is there a chance to just go a pick it up at the fedex hub? Mine is still in TN, destination is north jersey.

Probably not. It's still probably on a large pallet or grouped with others. Plus shippers have strict regulations against not delivering until the 16th as per Apple.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011

Apparently both of mine are out for delivery. Hopefully they come before I head to my Biochem Recitation at 6.

TYxBVSEDSEAN

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2014
I pre-ordered a 7+ Rose Gold 128GB, and like some of you other people who ordered Rose Gold, I see the 9/16 and 9/28 dates as well. I asked Verizon about this and got this response:

"Thank you so much. As per checking with the Order Support Team, the expected delivery date that you placed last 09/09 for the iPhone 7 Plus Rose Gold 128GB will be on 09/28. The 09/16 is the shipment date on the stores to those who choose to pick up the device from one of Verizon Stores nationwide."

Sounds like ******** to me but idk.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I pre-ordered a 7+ Rose Gold 128GB, and like some of you other people who ordered Rose Gold, I see the 9/16 and 9/28 dates as well. I asked Verizon about this and got this response:

"Thank you so much. As per checking with the Order Support Team, the expected delivery date that you placed last 09/09 for the iPhone 7 Plus Rose Gold 128GB will be on 09/28. The 09/16 is the shipment date on the stores to those who choose to pick up the device from one of Verizon Stores nationwide."

Sounds like ******** to me but idk.

They are all seriously full of sh**! They have no clue what's going on, I've talked to so many over this and they are all so clueless lol. My most recent one told me no one is getting their phones until after the 16th per apples request, she also said none of them are stocked and bc of the limited supply that the stores aren't even getting any to sale, just displays. Smh.... Lol

Extoll

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Southport Nc
Guys less leave the reps alone with "when i am getting my phone" They really don't know. This also help out the people with orders problems or issues that can be fix today. We still have few days to go.. I am sure they are sick of use calling and asking by now

If you really feel like you want ask someone about where your phone is just ask me i will copy and paste one of the 100 responses we have gotten here.

Reactions: ehz1 and MsRandall
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.