Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdtp333

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I pre-ordered a 7+ Rose Gold 128GB, and like some of you other people who ordered Rose Gold, I see the 9/16 and 9/28 dates as well. I asked Verizon about this and got this response:

"Thank you so much. As per checking with the Order Support Team, the expected delivery date that you placed last 09/09 for the iPhone 7 Plus Rose Gold 128GB will be on 09/28. The 09/16 is the shipment date on the stores to those who choose to pick up the device from one of Verizon Stores nationwide."

Sounds like ******** to me but idk.
Bologna. I asked the rep in store if I could have my phone delivered/picked up there and he said no. Every order had to be delivered via package service.

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
Got an Apple leather case coming today for my 7 Plus and ordering a Glass+ screen protector from Zagg right now! I don't do cases normally but I got jet black so figured I should. The screen protector is always worth it though!
I ordered the black leather case but it's on back order

Reactions: jimmyb124

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
No need to do a go into the system and mess with payment applied. If the system took your preorder, afaik, the soft pre-authorization is there. On the 3 that I ordered, I see ALOT of soft *test charges* on the merchant side....$1 amounts

CarpeNoctem103

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Do you guys think that once Friday rolls around and phones start actually going out we'll see delivery dates moving up?

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
To the large majority of the 7+ crew, if we were getting our phones on launch day we would already have shipping information available. Tomorrow is Wednesday...things aren't looking good. *Runs for the hills*
Said it before I'll say it again. With previous preorders, on T-mo, I saw nada until the night before. On Thursday before launch I got my card charged at 6, a tracking number, and my phone started to move from Louisville or Memphis (can't recall). My phone arrived the next day. If we have absolutely nothing by Thursday afternoon or evening, then it's safe to say Friday is a no go. Till then there is still a shot.

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Same for me.

I have the same thing for one of my phones. I can't imagine though that Verizon has 0 launch quantity of the 7 Plus. With the number of people actively participating in this forum and order times from before midnight PST and plenty of people receiving confirmations in the first hour, that Verizon may simply not have them yet or is not shipping them until tomorrow or Thursday. I could be wrong, but again it seems unlikely that Verizon would have no launch stock of the 7 Plus.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Said it before I'll say it again. With previous preorders, on T-mo, I saw nada until the night before. On Thursday before launch I got my card charged at 6, a tracking number, and my phone started to move from Louisville or Memphis (can't recall). My phone arrived the next day. If we have absolutely nothing by Thursday afternoon or evening, then it's safe to say Friday is a no go. Till then there is still a shot.

You're right, my apologies I'm just being bitter. I preordered the 5 and 6 both at 3:00 EST on preorder night and received them on launch day with absolutely no problem. Just a little frustrated they way things have been going with this launch.

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
ordered a 256gb black iphone 7 @ about 3:30 am central time. have my fedex tracking # saying delivery Friday. It's in Memphis Tennessee now.

They charged my credit card Sunday or Monday.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Sooooo my account says I currently have no orders pending and my line upgrade is still available (I used my upgrade to order my phone using the DPP coming from an expired 2 year contract). Anyone else having this issue? It is kind of concerning thinking my order did not go through. I have an email with a confirmation number and credit card transaction.

Mine remained that way until it moved from processing to shipped. I guess that's because you could still cancel and then they wouldn't have to reinstate your upgrade. Once it moves to shipped, all that should change.

Lflip

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Buffalo, NY
OK, so here's my situation. My friend is a VZ guy and offered to pre-order my iPhone 7 plus for me right at 3am. So he confirms everything is ordered, I'll get my phone 9/16...ok great! On Sunday I discovered he ordered the iPhone 7 instead of the plus, so he has to place a new order. He then tells me I won't get the phone until after 10/5!!!! What?!?! It's not my fault what so ever he screwed up the order, but now I have to wait an extra 3-4 weeks for my phone. What bothers me is there's nothing Verizon can do to expedite the order even though they made the mistake. I work in retail myself and if my company makes a mistake we can usually make it up to the customer in some way. All I get is a shoulder shrug and an extra month wait for my phone. Lesson learned, I will go back to pre-ordering the iPhones myself. What are the odds I'll walk into a Verizon retail store in the next 3 weeks and they'll have any stock of the plus model?

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I ordered three phones, iPhone 7 128GB Jet Black, iphone 7 32GB Black, and iPhone 7+ 128GB Jet black at about 12:15AM, this was as soon as the Verizon website went live. The entire order is showing Oct 5th shipment date, any chance they'll ship them separately as they become available? Or do they ship all together and only showing an Oct 5th date as maybe the 7+ 128GB Jet Black has the longest wait time?

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
You're right, my apologies I'm just being bitter. I preordered the 5 and 6 both at 3:00 EST on preorder night and received them on launch day with absolutely no problem. Just a little frustrated they way things have been going with this launch.
It's frustrating for sure. We all want to know, but I also have a feeling that the carriers themselves don't know exactly what inventory they get. In years past it seems as if Apple just gets them inventory and then they fill as much as fast as the can. I'm just enjoying the community on here as we all commiserate with the wait...

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
if you want things done right.....you gotta do it yourself.

And i'm not trying to sound harsh either, but i'm pretty sure it's difficult to allocate a bunch of iphones for these so called errors that verizon makes. millions of pre-orders with millions of people waiting in line for an iphone. too high of demand for this product.

OK, so here's my situation. My friend is a VZ guy and offered to pre-order my iPhone 7 plus for me right at 3am. So he confirms everything is ordered, I'll get my phone 9/16...ok great! On Sunday I discovered he ordered the iPhone 7 instead of the plus, so he has to place a new order. He then tells me I won't get the phone until after 10/5!!!! What?!?! It's not my fault what so ever he screwed up the order, but now I have to wait an extra 3-4 weeks for my phone. What bothers me is there's nothing Verizon can do to expedite the order even though they made the mistake. I work in retail myself and if my company makes a mistake we can usually make it up to the customer in some way. All I get is a shoulder shrug and an extra month wait for my phone. Lesson learned, I will go back to pre-ordering the iPhones myself. What are the odds I'll walk into a Verizon retail store in the next 3 weeks and they'll have any stock of the plus model?

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
My 256 GB 7+ in Silver for ATT that I ordered from Apple at 3:11am ET has shipped and is on the way from China.

My 256 GB 7+ in Jet Black for Verizon is still processing with a date of 9/28.

Reactions: Epic Xbox Revie

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Quick question

Does anyone know if the 6/6s tempered glass screen protectors are gonna fit the iPhone 7 screens?

Cus isn't the speaker at the top gonna be longer and the camera moved a bit?

Lflip

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Buffalo, NY
if you want things done right.....you gotta do it yourself.

And i'm not trying to sound harsh either, but i'm pretty sure it's difficult to allocate a bunch of iphones for these so called errors that verizon makes. millions of pre-orders with millions of people waiting in line for an iphone. too high of demand for this product.

haha, agreed! Last time I'll go through a VZ store.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
For these people talking about dates getting moved up. That would be awesome but how do you handle being there to sign for it? I work full time and just started the job so I can't exactly say "Oh my iPhone is coming today, can I have the day off?"

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Has anyone at all seen there 128 7+ rose gold move up? Still having my conflicting dates of 9/16 in my orders, 9/16 in confirmation email. But the link in it says expected ship 9/28. No cc processed or tracking.... This is my first preorder, too impatient for this lol o_O

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Has anyone at all seen there 128 7+ rose gold move up? Still having my conflicting dates of 9/16 in my orders, 9/16 in confirmation email. But the link in it says expected ship 9/28. No cc processed or tracking.... This is my first preorder, too impatient for this lol o_O
Same exact thing for me! Same color, same dates. Haven't had anything change! I'm getting nervous! I ordered 10 min after the website came up! Everything says 9/16 except checking through the email link that says 9/28 but now I'm concerned I won't get it Friday and I've been excited

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
For these people talking about dates getting moved up. That would be awesome but how do you handle being there to sign for it? I work full time and just started the job so I can't exactly say "Oh my iPhone is coming today, can I have the day off?"
What I have done in the past is leave a signed note on the door with the tracking number and your signature instructing them to leave the package in a place you designate. they will leave it just about anywhere, as long as it's not a mailbox! Hope this makes sense :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.