Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Because someone who ordered at 9am pst already got charged. My order was placed at 6:10am pst

I think you may somewhat be correct on that. I ordered my phone 256 7+ in Black at 215 pm ET on 9/9 and I received both email delivery date of 9/23 and on the Verizon website it says ship date of 9/23.My friend who ordered an hour after launch got a date of 9/28. I think some people just got lucky

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I'm so pissed! I just got a call from my CC company. They deactivated my card because of possible fraud and my verizon is trying to come through!!! :mad: Now I'm on the phone with Verizon on hold trying to fix it! If this messed up my shipment...

Antinoitikos

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I'm so pissed! I just got a call from my CC company. They deactivated my card because of possible fraud and my verizon is trying to come through!!! :mad: Now I'm on the phone with Verizon on hold trying to fix it! If this messed up my shipment...

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. I really hope Verizon and your CC company can get things worked out.

I thought about this earlier today and realized it's in my best interest to give my credit card company a heads up that a big charge will be coming in within the next month from Verizon. A majority of them can put a special flag on your account so if it does happen to trip, they'll still process it because you told them about it. I would advise most people who are still in processing to do so now, before it's too late.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
How long did it take ups to notify you?

There's a package that just made it to Kentucky and created a label for my zip code.... I live in a very small town, also how much did the package way.... High hopes here lol

fer realsies?
[doublepost=1473815897][/doublepost]
Same here - my wife's 7+ Rose Gold 128GB - received confirmation 3:20AM ET says it's been sent to the warehouse for shipment today. My 7+ Matte Black 128GB - received confirmation at 3:40AM - still shows processing with 9/23 delivery.

What was the expected ship date in the link Verizon sent you?

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. I really hope Verizon and your CC company can get things worked out.

I thought about this earlier today and realized it's in my best interest to give my credit card company a heads up that a big charge will be coming in within the next month from Verizon. A majority of them can put a special flag on your account so if it does happen to trip, they'll still process it because you told them about it. I would advise most people who are still in processing to do so now, before it's too late.
Oh the fraud wasn't important enough to deactivate the card immediately. I mean, they sent me a new card before deactivating it. I literally just got the new card in the mail 2 hours ago saying that there was possible fraud. They said we could keep using the old card until we got the new ones. So I wasn't going to activate the new one until the charge went through. But apparently they don't care. 20 min on hold with verizon now... Oh and I no longer have a deliver by date on my verizon account!

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
How long did it take ups to notify you?

What was the expected ship date in the link Verizon sent you?

The ship date for the 7+ 128GB Rose Gold was 9/16 in the original email, but it had changed to 9/28 when I tracked it through the preorder link (like most others). Hoping the Matte Black 7 pluses start shipping soon.
[doublepost=1473816400][/doublepost]
Oh the fraud wasn't important enough to deactivate the card immediately. I mean, they sent me a new card before deactivating it. I literally just got the new card in the mail 2 hours ago saying that there was possible fraud. They said we could keep using the old card until we got the new ones. So I wasn't going to activate the new one until the charge went through. But apparently they don't care. 20 min on hold with verizon now... Oh and I no longer have a deliver by date on my verizon account!

If you order is still processing when you track through the preorder link, (https://preorder.verizonwireless.co...ARGS=/order/bodyjspinclude/searchPreorder.jsp), you should be able to change your credit card info. Sorry this is happening to you.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
The ship date for the 7+ 128GB Rose Gold was 9/16 in the original email, but it had changed to 9/28 when I tracked it through the preorder link (like most others). Hoping the Matte Black 7 pluses start shipping soon.
[doublepost=1473816400][/doublepost]

If you order is still processing when you track through the preorder link, (https://preorder.verizonwireless.co...ARGS=/order/bodyjspinclude/searchPreorder.jsp), you should be able to change your credit card info. Sorry this is happening to you.

Awesome I hope yours ships ASAP! I also have the 128 gb rose gold 7+ on order same deal 9/16 everywhere except that one link is 9/28.... However I'm stalking ups and a label just got created for my zip code (very small town) what's the shipping weight on your tracking?

myshoulders

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I have the same status today, and ordered the exact same phone, but I got an email from UPS this evening (I have an account) notifying me that a package is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!! This has to be the phone because I haven't ordered anything else... Hope to get lucky and have it show up two days early :)

I have a UPS account too, but I never gotten notifications when I have shipments. I just changed my address and notifications. Does it work by recognizing the address with an account and then send the notification?

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Awesome I hope yours ships ASAP! I also have the 128 gb rose gold 7+ on order same deal 9/16 everywhere except that one link is 9/28.... However I'm stalking ups and a label just got created for my zip code (very small town) what's the shipping weight on your tracking?

I don't have a tracking number yet unfortunately. It just said it was sent to the warehouse for shipment and that it was expected to ship today. I hope it ships UPS, FedEx can't find my address (it's a newly built home) in FedEx Delivery Manager. Verizon inverted part of my street address and if it ships UPS I'll know it's fine if I get notified when the label's created (I did check and confirmed that it's seen as the same in their system by trying to add the wrong street address as a new address). No email from UPS though with a shipping notification.

greginclt

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2015
Where are you all finding a confirmation number? I'm only able to find a pre order number, internet order number, and ace number.

Reactions: jimmyb124

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I have a UPS account too, but I never gotten notifications when I have shipments. I just changed my address and notifications. Does it work by recognizing the address with an account and then send the notification?

That's correct - if a shipping label gets generated that matches your address, you should get an email notification and be able to track it on the UPS website or app. It will also tell you what company/retailer generated the label. Sometimes it takes a little time after you change or add an address to start working (they'll usually also send you a code in the mail to confirm your address, but I've never stopped receiving emails before I got the code).

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
To give some people hope:

Last year I pre-ordered the iPhone 6s Plus 128GB Space Gray at around 3:45am (Est). I was given a delivery date of one week after the launch day. On the Wednesday before launch (9/23) at 8:00am (Est), I received notice that my phone shipped and would be delivered on launch day.

So, hopefully we'll all start getting some e-mails tomorrow!

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I don't have a tracking number yet unfortunately. It just said it was sent to the warehouse for shipment and that it was expected to ship today. I hope it ships UPS, FedEx can't find my address (it's a newly built home) in FedEx Delivery Manager. Verizon inverted part of my street address and if it ships UPS I'll know it's fine if I get notified when the label's created (I did check and confirmed that it's seen as the same in their system by trying to add the wrong street address as a new address). No email from UPS though with a shipping notification.

Well thank you! Atleast good to know they shipping! Hope yours follows suit :)

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Anyone else's Fedex tracking now show origin/destination addresses? My Verizon order tracking shows it, but the FedEx app shows it blank or as "N/A"

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
Hmmmmm, possibly. You might ask the person at the front desk if they would accept that. After your phone ships, you might be able to contact FedEx (i'm assuming it's FedEx) and see about making a change to the instructions for shipping. I think you can sign up for FedEx delivery manager and have some control on how your package is shipped...
You just have to take off work, I do that every launch day lol

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Still holding out hope our phones are on one of these many flights arriving to Verizon warehouses tonight! Hopefully we all wake up with tracking numbers lol :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    428.6 KB · Views: 212
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.