Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakeT85

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2012
I find it absolutely ridiculous that there isn't enough supply to cover pre-orders within the first hour of coming online, let alone the first 15 minutes.

The Jet Black I can see being in short supply as it is a new manufacturing process and they may be getting low yields. Pair that with higher demand because new color and it's a recipe for a waiting game. Hence why everyone with that color with the exception of a select few has October delivery dates. The other phones all have the same manufacturing process for the casing so not sure what the hold up is, they could have started producing these months in advance and had a stockpile of them. I'm beginning to think it is more about creating an artificial shortage to create the hype machine apple wants. Let's face it without the hype from shortages to get people lining up I'd say this was a mediocre upgrade that wouldn't have generated a ton of hype on its own.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
In all honestly I'm expecting mine on Friday, it happened last year so why shouldn't it this year. That being said I could be very wrong lol 23rd still ain't that bad.

By chance did you remember last year when you pre-ordered? Did they have the estimated a week or so out and you got it day of?

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
The Jet Black I can see being in short supply as it is a new manufacturing process and they may be getting low yields. Pair that with higher demand because new color and it's a recipe for a waiting game. Hence why everyone with that color with the exception of a select few has October delivery dates. The other phones all have the same manufacturing process for the casing so not sure what the hold up is, they could have started producing these months in advance and had a stockpile of them. I'm beginning to think it is more about creating an artificial shortage to create the hype machine apple wants. Let's face it without the hype from shortages to get people lining up I'd say this was a mediocre upgrade that wouldn't have generated a ton of hype on its own.

I agree 100%, I ordered a matte black, really shouldn't get any simpler. You'd like to think with how advanced we are with technology these days that a supplier could provide some real time, accurate updates for the consumer.

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
If it makes anyone feel better, when I pre-ordered my iPhone 6s Plus last year, my delivery date was listed as a week later but I still got it on launch day.

I keep reading this but still "still processing" i just have to accept the fact it will be here the 23rd

Oh I have my email and some people say to use the location code..what will that tell me?

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
If it makes anyone feel better, when I pre-ordered my iPhone 6s Plus last year, my delivery date was listed as a week later but I still got it on launch day.

That actually makes me feel a lot better, this is my first pre-order through verizon. Every year prior I wait in line and have always gotten it on the first day.
[doublepost=1473776999][/doublepost]
Anyone else who got on the preorder page at 0300hrs still showing only Processing?

I ordered at 0230 CT and still shows "Processing"

jmasse8

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Connecticut
Ordered matte black 7 plus 128GB as soon as Verizon's website came up,Delivery by 9/23. Verizon's website automatically put my parents billing address so my card will most likely decline ): order still says processing, Verizon reps can't change the address until they send me an email telling me it didn't go through. So stressful.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I'm throwing a flag on this one for a couple of reasons.

A. Stores don't get their phones until typically Thursday and on launch day, they have zero clue what inventory they will have. They don't know until the manifest comes in that day. While they will certainly have models to sell that day, they may have none of a certain model.

B. If it were as easy as being friendly with your local Verizon store there would be no lines and no inventory to sell because all the phones would be "reserved"

C. Per corporate policy, any Verizon employee caught doing what you are suggesting would be terminated and the manager of that store reprimanded as well.

Maybe you got lucky though and none of this applies to you.

It all initially depends on the opening manager. usually on launch day for an iPhone, they have the store manager present, along side with regular managers and supervisors. So they will all have to allow a phone to be placed on hold. Which they will not.

The only time they can all have a phone on hold during launch day is when corporate instructs them to put a phone to the side for a pissed off customer or for one of their own. I have seen this done before and it is a process. They have to get into the system and pull the phone out of inventory so it doesn't get sold online or by and employee. Then move it to a spot that only the store manager has access to ( some sort of cage or his office )

So as far as " holding " the hottest selling item of the year on launch day.. It's highlighy unlikely.

I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but this very rarely happens.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
When I pre ordered mine at precisely 3:05am, it already had a 9/23 delivery date.

Verizon rep says that they simply will not have any for launch day, that was as of 9/9 though, it could change from then to this Friday, who knows.

She also said that only a very few select stores will be having an extremely limited amount of them.

I'm talking like maybe 2-3 ( jet black 7 plus )

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Verizon's website automatically put my parents billing address so my card will most likely decline ):

Is this a likely possibility? If this is the case I'm screwed. I'm still on my parents' plan and their billing address is in another city.

bfg110

macrumors member
May 29, 2006
I ordered a 7 128 jet lack minutes after live, got October 5th and still in processing. Not complaining or freaking but wanted to throw my stats in the ring.

Reactions: Samuel Lane

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Did u ever get a confirmation shipping email or did it just show up?

Yes, I did get confirmation e-mails. I remember being nervous about it last time around just like everyone else is now...but then once my order started getting traction a few days before launch, my delivery date magically changed to the launch date.

Reactions: imod4fun

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
256 GB 7+ in Jet Black. Ordered at 3:10 AM ET. Confirmation email time stamped 3:14 AM ET. Still processing

matudavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I placed (2) orders on 9/10. One for a 32GB iPhone 7 Black - it just changed to shipped this morning (with the ship date showing 9/15). The second order was for a 32GB Rose Gold iPhone 7 and a 128GB Black iPhone 7. All three of these devices showed a ship date of 9/23 but the 32gb black is going to be here 9/16. Was curious if anyone else had one of the other 2 models I mention that is showing shipped? If so when did you order? Hoping the 32GB Rose Gold and 128GB black will also switch to this friday.

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I placed (2) orders on 9/10. One for a 32GB iPhone 7 Black - it just changed to shipped this morning (with the ship date showing 9/15). The second order was for a 32GB Rose Gold iPhone 7 and a 128GB Black iPhone 7. All three of these devices showed a ship date of 9/23 but the 32gb black is going to be here 9/16. Was curious if anyone else had one of the other 2 models I mention that is showing shipped? If so when did you order? Hoping the 32GB Rose Gold and 128GB black will also switch to this friday.

When Verizon's site finally went live, I ordered 2 32 gig iPhone 7's and a 128 gig plus. We've already received shipping notifications for the two 7's.

Maxlaws@

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2015
For what it's worth...

I ordered last year @ 12:51 AM on preorder day. Original ship date of 9/30 (Launch day was 9/25). I received an email at 6:40 in the morning on Tuesday before launch letting me know I had been bumped up and my phone had been shipped.

This year I ordered @ 12:37 AM on preorder day. Original ship date of 9/23 (launch day is the 16th). I haven't gotten anything yet... In theory; if I was getting one on launch day I would have gotten one this morning. That having been said, it could ship out tomorrow and still get to a distribution center on Thursday.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Still processing which my bank acct is ok with. In other news VZW is soooo happy and excited for me for upgrading

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.