Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deeznuts.

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2015
Queens, NY
Pre-ordered since Friday morning at 3:12am EST. Come on Verizon :(.

Attachments

• Order.JPG
    Order.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 192

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
Check your local store and become friendly with them. I did that and they are holding a phone for me before the store opens, so in the event my status doesn't change, they will give me the one they are holding on Friday 9/16

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
I know someone that is higher up at Verizon. I just spoke with her again and she said the way it is looking currently that the Verizon stores won't be getting any 128gb or 256gb plus models for launch day. Inventory is only showing a select few 32gb plus models nationwide BUT is showing a decent supply of just the 7.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Check your local store and become friendly with them. I did that and they are holding a phone for me before the store opens, so in the event my status doesn't change, they will give me the one they are holding on Friday 9/16

I'm throwing a flag on this one for a couple of reasons.

A. Stores don't get their phones until typically Thursday and on launch day, they have zero clue what inventory they will have. They don't know until the manifest comes in that day. While they will certainly have models to sell that day, they may have none of a certain model.

B. If it were as easy as being friendly with your local Verizon store there would be no lines and no inventory to sell because all the phones would be "reserved"

C. Per corporate policy, any Verizon employee caught doing what you are suggesting would be terminated and the manager of that store reprimanded as well.

Maybe you got lucky though and none of this applies to you.

egreggs6870

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
Anyone order a matte black 7+ and have a shipping / delivery date of September 16th? I ordered at 12:15 Pacific time and my date is the 23rd. Just want to see if anyone who ordered this phone has it showing up on launch day.
That's what I'm trying to figure out. My order was complete before 3:10est for the black (matte) 7+ Nandi got 9/23 too.
Should I go with matte black or stay with the one I have already pre-ordered which is 7 plus Gold ..?
i would wait because I think you have up to 14 days to return or exchange. If you still want the Matt black after getting the gold one then you can exchange for a matte one.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Would you be able to check on FedEx Delivery Manager if the package is able to be held at a FedEx store or facility? Is a signature required?

that option is grayed out. But the package is addressed to my wife's name (not mine) so it looks like my FedEx profile/program doesn't recognize it. I'll try to add her to my profile and see if it changes anything.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I'm a business order, so don't know how that affects the rest of you, but I talked to a business rep this morning. I order a Matte Black 7+ 128GB for myself and a Silver 7 128 GB for a coworker. The regular 7 has shipped. The rep said all the Plus models have tremendous demand and a 9/28 delivery but they were working to beat that. They definitely have a lack of plus models she said. My order shows Awaiting Inventory so I am hoping some models are being made/shipped as we speak. I ordered at 3:17 AM EST.

FWIW.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
It's almost mind boggling that not a single 7+ has been shipped and that the earliest ship by dates are 9/23.... I've never not seen them ship at least a few on launch day even when the 6+ was released and one would think the demand for that phone was far greater than this iteration.... can you IMAGINE the Cluster Mess this is going to be next year if you want a 8+ considering the phone will be redesigned.... we might all be hoping to get them by Christmas after ordering at 3:01 on preorder day....

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I know for a FACT that the "Deliver By Date" is a guarantee that it will be delivered on OR before that date!

That being said, I do find it kind of odd that all of us that have ordered an iPhone 7 Plus in Black have a Deliver By Date of 9/23..

Deeznuts.

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2015
Queens, NY
Every single Verizon CS rep that I spoke to said, if your estimated delivery date is 9/23. Then it will get shipped out on that date. Sucks man

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
I'm throwing a flag on this one for a couple of reasons.

A. Stores don't get their phones until typically Thursday and on launch day, they have zero clue what inventory they will have. They don't know until the manifest comes in that day. While they will certainly have models to sell that day, they may have none of a certain model.

B. If it were as easy as being friendly with your local Verizon store there would be no lines and no inventory to sell because all the phones would be "reserved"

C. Per corporate policy, any Verizon employee caught doing what you are suggesting would be terminated and the manager of that store reprimanded as well.

Maybe you got lucky though and none of this applies to you.

In fairness, they DID say "IF we get the one you want, we will hold it". I take everything said to me within a store with a grain of salt.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I find it absolutely ridiculous that there isn't enough supply to cover pre-orders within the first hour of coming online, let alone the first 15 minutes.

Reactions: steelo3232

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I find it absolutely ridiculous that there isn't enough supply to cover pre-orders within the first hour of coming online, let alone the first 15 minutes.

Yet this happens almost for every release. Regardless of what the product is, or who is releasing it.

Poor operations and supply chain management...

physicsguy13

Contributor
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
The dates for the 7 plus could improve, but it seems like they are in high demand and that there are limited supplies. Apple probably kept more of them for their own sales and carriers like Verizon just didn't get what they need to meet demand. I am expecting to wait until the 23rd for my 256GB 7+ in black.

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
Every single Verizon CS rep that I spoke to said, if your estimated delivery date is 9/23. Then it will get shipped out on that date. Sucks man

I think they HAVE to say that because if they told you earlier, then we would think it would be here earlier. And when it DOESN'T come earlier, we get mad and blame them. They are just covering their a**.

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
The dates for the 7 plus could improve, but it seems like they are in high demand and that there are limited supplies. Apple probably kept more of them for their own sales and carriers like Verizon just didn't get what they need to meet demand. I am expecting to wait until the 23rd for my 256GB 7+ in black.

In all honestly I'm expecting mine on Friday, it happened last year so why shouldn't it this year. That being said I could be very wrong lol 23rd still ain't that bad.

Reactions: willmtaylor

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016

I'm finding this hard to believe as well.... It's crazy. Not a single 7+ being in the hands of a pre-order customer on launch day is hard to believe especially from the nations largest carrier, but it is looking like this madness may become reality.

Reactions: gemnilocs

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I think they HAVE to say that because if they told you earlier, then we would think it would be here earlier. And when it DOESN'T come earlier, we get mad and blame them. They are just covering their a**.

100%, They have to say this.

By the way I'm saying all of this from experience. I worked at a Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer for 2+ years while in college recently. Was offered management positions, but declined because I was pursing/completed a CompSci Degree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.