Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
did anyone else have some confusion when ordering a jet black iphone 7 plus (256gb) through verizon? ordered at about 12:19AM on 9/9 and it has looked like this since then.

View attachment 650911

however, it's listed as "apple iphone 7 plus 256gb in BLACK," not "jet black" immediately after noticing this, i started an online chat with a rep and she confirmed that i had ordered jet black as intended, but it's still been listed as such and i don't know how worried i should be...

Confusion about the color issue or the status of the shipping.

srharris22

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2010
did anyone else have some confusion when ordering a jet black iphone 7 plus (256gb) through verizon? ordered at about 12:19AM on 9/9 and it has looked like this since then.

View attachment 650911

however, it's listed as "apple iphone 7 plus 256gb in BLACK," not "jet black" immediately after noticing this, i started an online chat with a rep and she confirmed that i had ordered jet black as intended, but it's still been listed as such and i don't know how worried i should be...
When I was placing my order on Verizon website, there was nothing saying black vs jet black, the only way to tell was that it had to be jet black if it didn't offer a 32GB version, even though I was ordering a 128
Pretty dumb I thought.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
Got my tracking number just now for delivery Friday by 3PM EDT. Currently in West Chester, PA

EDIT: 128GB 7 Black is what I ordered

9/12/2016 - Monday
9:48 pm At local FedEx facility LINWOOD, PA
11:00 am Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
2:20 am Picked up WEST CHESTER, PA
Future delivery requested

Linwood, PA is not my local FedEx, but I am sure it will start moving soon up here to MA/RI area.
[doublepost=1473760439][/doublepost]
When I was placing my order on Verizon website, there was nothing saying black vs jet black, the only way to tell was that it had to be jet black if it didn't offer a 32GB version, even though I was ordering a 128
Pretty dumb I thought.
I did not see that issue. When I ordered (around 3:10AM EDT when their site finally went live!) it showed both as an option, was Black at the left and Jet Black at the right end.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I've also been noticing that people that are using the upgrade programs through their chosen carrier/Apple are having their iPhones delivered late.

And the ones who just outright bought it are getting them sooner.

The name of the game guys is to check out as soon as possible. It doesn't matter if the phone is in your cart. You need to completely check out with a conformation # right away.

No diddly daddling, clicking around selecting plans, warranty packages, no. You need to add the phone to your cart and check out. For every second you're sitting there reading upgrade terms, people are snagging launch day/ second wave delivery iPhones.

This is why I don't change my plans. Been having the same unlimited data plan with Verizon since 2008. It makes it so much easier when buying a new phone. Just add to cart and check the hell out, all in under 5 minutes.

Apple is all first come first serve to who ever has checked out the fastest.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
What does the location code do?

It is basically just Verizon's way of tracking the location to particular warehouses. I just got off the phone with CS. He also said the expected ship dates are just in general so that no one has hopes for a sooner delivery that may not be met.... And that they don't truly know until all orders come into the warehouse and whatever # you are in queue. So hopefully we all get ours Friday lol :p

Reactions: Sammypurple

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
9/12/2016 - Monday
9:48 pm At local FedEx facility LINWOOD, PA
11:00 am Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
2:20 am Picked up WEST CHESTER, PA
Future delivery requested

Linwood, PA is not my local FedEx, but I am sure it will start moving soon up here to MA/RI area.
[doublepost=1473760439][/doublepost]
I did not see that issue. When I ordered (around 3:10AM EDT when their site finally went live!) it showed both as an option, was Black at the left and Jet Black at the right end.
Mine is also in Linwood now. My local FedEx is two two counties away from that one. So hopefully it starts moving west.

-VoiceOfReason-

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
I ordered the 7+ Jet Black 128GB before 3AM EST, my confirmation email came a few minutes later at exactly 3AM. Verizon usually has their pre-order portal up ~15 minutes before midnight when they change their homepage.

Bad news is that the "Deliver By" date is still 10/05/2016 and order is still processing with no CC charge. Wondering if it's worth giving them a call to figure out what the deal is.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I ordered the 7+ Jet Black 128GB before 3AM EST, my confirmation email came a few minutes later at exactly 3AM. Verizon usually has their pre-order portal up ~15 minutes before midnight when they change their homepage.

Bad news is that the "Deliver By" date is still 10/05/2016 and order is still processing with no CC charge. Wondering if it's worth giving them a call to figure out what the deal is.

Mine is deliver by 9/16, but no tracking or cc number? I called and she said they should be updating orders that will be leaving this week with tracking numbers this evening.... Wahhhh the wait!

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016

Don't call, the customer service lines are backed up for this very reason.

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
This is all I have seen since Friday when I ordered. Has not updated at all!

Attachments

• Snip20160913_6.png
    Snip20160913_6.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: Deeznuts.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
This is all I have seen since Friday when I ordered. Has not updated at all!

Same :/ only problem is it says I'm getting mine Friday but I haven't been charged or received tracking as many others have

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 224

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
Same :/ only problem is it says I'm getting mine Friday but I haven't been charged or received tracking as many others have

When you check your order status through the link in the confirmation email does it say ship by the 16th or 28th? Because mine says the 16th on my verizon account and is stamped on my confirmation email but if i click the link to check my order status it says ship by the 28th. I ordered the same phone.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
When you check your order status through the link in the confirmation email does it say ship by the 16th or 28th? Because mine says the 16th on my verizon account and is stamped on my confirmation email but if i click the link to check my order status it says ship by the 28th. I ordered the same phone.

Link in my email says 28th as well. But the actual email says 9/16, and so does my order say 9/16 in my account. I spoke with a rep about it and they said that date is in general right now based on when you placed your order so no one has any expectations just in case they do not get them Friday. However they said the ones that do not receive Friday and have this date would more than likely be overnighted Monday .... Also they would know more and have a better update this afternoon bc all of their shipments are coming in.... Basically they know about as much as we do and it's a waiting game unfortunately. If you get tracking today or tomorrow u will def get yours Friday

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015

When I click through the email link, it says 9/23 still for me.

On a side note, I went to the Verizon Store and they told me they would hold a phone for me on Friday and will give me that one since VZW actually ordered me the 256 when I wanted 128.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
When I click through the email link, it says 9/23 still for me.

On a side note, I went to the Verizon Store and they told me they would hold a phone for me on Friday and will give me that one since VZW actually ordered me the 256 when I wanted 128.

Did you order a rose gold 7+?
[doublepost=1473770940][/doublepost]
Link in my email says 28th as well. But the actual email says 9/16, and so does my order say 9/16 in my account. I spoke with a rep about it and they said that date is in general right now based on when you placed your order so no one has any expectations just in case they do not get them Friday. However they said the ones that do not receive Friday and have this date would more than likely be overnighted Monday .... Also they would know more and have a better update this afternoon bc all of their shipments are coming in.... Basically they know about as much as we do and it's a waiting game unfortunately. If you get tracking today or tomorrow u will def get yours Friday

It's seems like all the rose gold 7+ models say deliver by the 16th but the order status says the 28th.

Just like all the matte black 7+ models say the 23rd.

I ordered the rose gold 128gb 7+ and a matte black 256gb 7+ and our delivery/ship by dates match everyone else's.

When I called Verizon about it Friday night they told me the reason for the different dates was because the system was having a hard time keeping up with all the pre orders so the "deliver by" dates were incorrect, so that's why it shows the 28th when I check my order status. Who knows.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Same here guys. Pre ordered right after it opened. Ordered a 7+ black 128GB. Email and website still showing Sep 23rd. Still processing and doesnt appear I will have it by Friday ;(

Reactions: Deeznuts.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Same here guys. Pre ordered right after it opened. Ordered a 7+ black 128GB. Email and website still showing Sep 23rd. Still processing and doesnt appear I will have it by Friday ;(

Carbon Copy, Cancelling Thursday morning; if not update appears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.