Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
I am having a jumping screen extremely bad. Even after a factory reset all, it still does it. It also looks jumpy when I try to open the phone with the FaceID. It has gone as far as to not let me use my photos for the lock or home screen. Best Buy won't help because I missed the 14 day window. Verizon is trying, but they are making me wait to ensure it is not my iCloud having a bug with it. I cannot place the phone on speaker and transition to another app for use with out the window "sort of minimizing" and causing the whole screen to lock up while the call is still ongoing.

Any help would be great. I just bought this phone on March 8.

That sounds horrible and not at all what we are describing here. Our issue is just cosmetic, what you are describing sounds like a massive problem (definitely not related to iCloud, wtf).

Go to apple.com/retail, sign up for a genius appointment at the closest Apple Store to you. Your phone is still under warranty and Apple will gladly help you by either fixing or replacing the phone.

Sophia679

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2018
Hi,

on my iPhone X (Space Gray 256 GB with iOS 11.1) the screen flickers, when I open the mail app. I posted a video on twitter:

https://twitter.com/0_Moe_0/status/926903250699288576

It is probably a software bug. Does someone else has this problem, too?

Bye

Moe
[doublepost=1529183855][/doublepost]
Hi
I have the same phone but black and mine is doing the same thing jams the screen saves pics on own keeps deleting apps and more do you think it’s the phone or the iOS it’s on

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
Mine started this again on 11.4. Was fine prior to that. It did do it on release and then stopped. Guessing it is software related?

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
I had this issue all morning. Especially when opening a solitaire game. The entire screen would go black, come back on and go black again.

I restarted my phone and it has stopped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.