Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjk37mjk

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2021
When you have iCloud Music Library with iTunes, Genius is not actually an option to turn on or off. It is embedded in it and so is always on. To fix this issue I would have to sign out and turn off iCloud Music Library. After signing in again I am worried that it will want to go through my whole 60k library again and everything that was matched before will then go in limbo. Hence I think I am forced to wait until this matching problem is fixed. I've had iCloud Music library for >10y and there have been hiccups but this is the worst.

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
How's everyone doing? People over on the front page thread are reporting that it's finally working again! This is what I posted:
Glad to chime in to say that it looks like it's finally working again! It matched/uploaded the last 4 stragglers I had in "Waiting..."

To make sure that wasn't just a fluke, I deliberately deleted an entire album using my iPad and added it back using my MacBook to force a rescan. The entire album matched! ?

jprmercado

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
What worked for me last week was to quit the Music app when it would stall at the last step, relaunch, then start the process again. That would get 2–3 songs in at a time. Not ideal, but it was the only workaround that did it for me.

drcharlie

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2014
Great news! I'm out of town, but I had my wife open my laptop and open the Music app. I checked about 15 minutes later, and to my delight on my iPhone all of the previously grayed-out songs are now active. It looks like my 2000+ songs I recently added all made their way into my iCloud Music Library. Much thanks to everyone who contacted Apple Customer Service about this issue. I hope iTunes Match stays fix and Apple it keeps it. The iCloud Music Library is incredibly useful (when it works).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.