Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisDB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Bucharest Romania
I see you've already added a few extra buttons to your Control Center. Do we have the capability for a Night Shift toggle button to be added rather than having to 3D Touch access it via the Brightness Slider please?
No . The setting is in brightness meniu via 3d touch only

Attachments

• IMG_0902.PNG
    IMG_0902.PNG
    263.1 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
No . The setting is in brightness meniu via 3d touch only

Thank you very much for the confirmation.

A little disappointing for me personally as I activate it manually as I feel I the need to use it so a dedicated button like iOS 10 is ideal for my use case.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
There's a new Monument Valley game!??! Yesss! I'm sorry - I was busy at work all day so I'm just now seeing all the stuff that happened. lol

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I find the new control center horrendous looking. Reminds me of the game Dr. Mario for some reason... But seriously, i would've liked if they just updated the old one to be customizable.

Question if you can test this out: If you play a video using the video app (or TV app if that's what you have) and you scrub, does it show thumbnail previews (like modern video players and video sites do now) or is it still just a basic slider?

ChrisDB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Bucharest Romania
I find the new control center horrendous looking. Reminds me of the game Dr. Mario for some reason... But seriously, i would've liked if they just updated the old one to be customizable.

Question if you can test this out: If you play a video using the video app (or TV app if that's what you have) and you scrub, does it show thumbnail previews (like modern video players and video sites do now) or is it still just a basic slider?
Seems like just a slider

Attachments

• IMG_0907.PNG
    IMG_0907.PNG
    707.2 KB · Views: 231

ChrisDB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Bucharest Romania
Do you see anything in the settings that relates to the Inverted Colors that was on the iOS11 new features background screen during the presentation?
Here . But I dont like dark mode or anything like that , I only buy iphones with white face

Attachments

• IMG_0908.PNG
    IMG_0908.PNG
    186.6 KB · Views: 251

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Seems like just a slider

No i don't mean in Control Center. I mean if you open the video (or TV) app and play a movie or tv show (assuming you own any or added some through iTunes), can one see a preview when you scrub? Like in Youtube, Netlifx or even on the Apple TV by default, when you can see a sample of the scene at a specific timestamp. Kinda like this:

Attachments

• ios-scrub-thumbnail.jpg
    ios-scrub-thumbnail.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 232

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Feels more like an alpha , pre beta to me . iOS 10 beta 1 was buttery smooth

No it does not. Beta 1 for ios 9 was horrible. Nearly every app would crash immediately and lots of dock resprings. So far I have not had either on this.

Reactions: PirateP

ChrisDB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Bucharest Romania
No i don't mean in Control Center. I mean if you open the video (or TV) app and play a movie or tv show (assuming you own any or added some through iTunes), can one see a preview when you scrub? Like in Youtube, Netlifx or even on the Apple TV by default, when you can see a sample of the scene at a specific timestamp. Kinda like this:
No preview like that .

Macwick

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
Feel free to ask any questions .

Do you have any Airplay devices on your network? If so, can you check out how AirPlay 2 works? Specifically:

1) Are you able to specify more than one target? If so, what types of devices are these?
2) Does it stream the music from your phone, or simply hand off the request for the AirPlay device to stream from Apple Music? (Just a theory).

Texh49

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2015
Do I need to uninstall the 10.3 Profile I have before installing the new one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.