Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

planetf1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2014
Hampshire, UK
Any big crashes? Springboard UI restarts? How are basic phone calls and texts? Ok? Any connectivity issues? Cloud backup working? Facebook, Twitter? Tapatalk? Mail? How's the Camera for photo/video? Bluetooth audio? Maps?

In terms of known issues how Do you find the lack of auto brightness

I'm all backed up and very technical so I'll probably just try it anyway!

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
For the God Sake. Do you know what Beta is for? Not for daily driver but to seek for bugs, test new features etc. Also change if something is ugly, screwed up etc.
You should report ideas using feedback and not pass all things you can't stand! After that we finish with ugly Music and Messages app - ugly child of Windows Phone and iOS after psychical disorder...

stera8

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2014
No it does not. Beta 1 for ios 9 was horrible. Nearly every app would crash immediately and lots of dock resprings. So far I have not had either on this.

I agree. Only complaint so far is battery...which is every Beta. Just carrying around my external batteries lol
[doublepost=1496746396][/doublepost]
is bedtime mode still part of the alarm clock? Thanks
Yes
[doublepost=1496746590][/doublepost]
Any big crashes? Springboard UI restarts? How are basic phone calls and texts? Ok? Any connectivity issues? Cloud backup working? Facebook, Twitter? Tapatalk? Mail? How's the Camera for photo/video? Bluetooth audio? Maps?

Everything seems fine so far on my end except battery of course. Bluetooth hooked right up to the car. My cloud is full. Social media is fine.

I found a kink in mail. On the main screen if I have mail in outlook and gmail it will show new messages but overall is not showing how many unread I have.

I personally think the iOS is faster than 10 and I'm loving the screenshot feature

Reactions: PirateP

Abestos

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2017
Have been an Android user all the while, with only a iPhone 5s as my 2nd phone a few years back.
I do feel that iPhone is more efficient and snappier.

Two things that have stopped me from changing to iPhone are:
1. File Manager
2. h265 hardware accelerated video playback (Most of my shows are in h265 and also for future proofing, as well as space saving)

and just read about WWDC 2017 they annouced the two things I wanted:
1. "File" App basically a file manager
2. "h265" recording/playback on iPhone 7 and higher

It would be good to know if anyone is already on the developer beta, and if you were once an Android user, maybe can share more about how Apple "file" app is comparable to Android file app. Does that also meant that I can drag on drop to the iPhone like a flash drive since there is a "File" app. (Guess this will be not possible, but still holding on to some hope). Or else, if possible can you show me the "On my iPhone" tab. (Blur out anything that's personal)

For h265 if you have any files to play it can try to report. If not, if you are wiling to do sg, visit http://jell.yfish.us , click show hevc, test the 1080p 8 bit, 4k 8bit, 1080Hi10 and 4kHi10 and report back.
Try it with native video player and vlc player to see if it is hardware decoding or software. Is AC3 audio supported and subtitles supported on the native player?

Thank you very much.

And oh ya anyone have experience changing from s7 edge to a iPhone 7 Plus? Just want to know the battery life. Any rough screen on time?

Really tempted to switch to Iphone 7 if all that is possible as my carrier here selling 256GB the same price as a 128GB.

k.alexander

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2010
Could someone show a screenshot of the News app's FOLLOWING tab. Are there new ways to sort the sources/feeds you follow in that tab (currently at the top)? Anything else new? Thanks.

nick19

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014
London, UK
Could someone show a screenshot of the News app's FOLLOWING tab. Are there new ways to sort the sources/feeds you follow in that tab (currently at the top)? Anything else new? Thanks.

Following tab from my iPad Air2, doesn't appear to be any new ways to sort sources/feeds.

File 06-06-2017, 14 55 46.png

Reactions: k.alexander

marf1million

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2013
An Mhí
Could you take a screenshot of the camera resolution settings? I'm very curious to see how much of an effect the new file format has on file sizes of different resolutions. Thanks!

IMG_9920.jpg

ChrisDB

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
Bucharest Romania
What does the share sheet look like? Has it been updated or improved in any way? I was hoping there would be an easy way to share content with recent contacts instead of having to type their name in manually every single time.
Could you take a screenshot of the camera resolution settings? I'm very curious to see how much of an effect the new file format has on file sizes of different resolutions. Thanks!

View attachment 702584

There are not in Photos settings , also not in Camera app

Attachments

• IMG_0931.PNG
    IMG_0931.PNG
    338.7 KB · Views: 177

essential

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
I'm curious about the Music controls ... specifically the "Heart" location on the music app and on the lock screen music player? In my opinion, the iOS 9 Music was perfect, I really enjoyed the "Heart" being on the main playing screen and on the lock screen. When I run or I'm driving, it was so easy to "Heart" a track while on shuffle, or to easily see if it was already a "Hearted" track.

In iOS 10 Apple took the "Heart" status off the lock screen completely, and you can only see it in the Music app if you click the "..." in the lower right hand corner. So many extra steps. Any chance the "Hearts" have been moved back like in iOS 9?

Attachments

• lock_screen_music.png
    lock_screen_music.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 207
  • music_app.png
    music_app.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 206
Reactions: k.alexander

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016
When you swipe down for notifications - Is the iPod player always present in addition to whatever messages you have?

I ask because I watched a video with someone swiping down and there it was.

Thanks!

soundslikeaudio

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014

I’ve had one springboard crash thus far on my 128 7+. It’s definitely a little buggy, but it’s also beta 1. Public beta is normally either dev beta 2 or 3, and are generally a lot more stable. But overall, it’s not been too bad. I total boot the phone was lagging like crazy, etc. I let it index (if your phone is hot while idling after the install it’s probably indexing/doing photo recognition), once it was cool at idle again I restarted and things have been much smoother. Some of the animations seem to have been slowed down however, they’re not stuttering so I don’t think it’s a beta issue, it feels more like they up’d the transition times.

New portrait mode features do NOT appear to be operational, tried to use it in a reasonably well lit room and it still gave me the “more light required” message, even turning the flash on didn’t help.

The contro center is growing on me. The additional 3D Touch functionality adds a lot, and I love that I can change the timer and calculator shortcuts to alarm and low power mode.

The design language seems to be all over the damn place. It’s like 6 totally independent teams worked on the UI. Still can’t fathom why the notification swipe down shows the lock screen backdrop. I don’t show notifications on my lock screen for good reason, and the only place I’d expect for my lock screen wallpaper to show up would be on the lock screen. Hopefully they tweak this to use the home screen background.

On the iPad side, I truly hate the new multitasking system. The previous one wasn’t amazing, but way faster and intuitive.

gambit75

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
When you have regular "Do not disturb" on and you have it access to allow calls from favorites. Can you now also have it allow text from favorites as well? Meaning that if someone text after do not disturb is turned on and they are in your favorites it will come through. I have wanted this feature back when it first came in ios 9!! So dumb it hasn't be added yet!

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Does anyone know what happens here to Control Center's HomeKit screen? I have a couple of Philips Hue lights that show up as Favorite Accessories. Can't tell if HomeKit accessories will be accesible from the control center in iOS 11

Mi1lion

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2017
Twin Peaks, CA
When you have regular "Do not disturb" on and you have it access to allow calls from favorites. Can you now also have it allow text from favorites as well? Meaning that if someone text after do not disturb is turned on and they are in your favorites it will come through. I have wanted this feature back when it first came in ios 9!! So dumb it hasn't be added yet!

At the WWDC they said the other person can say 'urgent' and the message will come through but it doesn't seem like there's a setting to allow text messages from a group in your Contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.