Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
First thing, running 2 macOS + Windows with one blade only is a bad idea with a MacPro6,1. To make it work reliably you gonna have to choose two.

Second thing, you don't need OCLP to run Monterey on a late-2013 Mac Pro, is natively supported. OCLP does not even support Mojave (Big Sur to Sonoma).

AskMeAboutEveryThing

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2024
Thanks for your feedback! As written Monterey is the step towards running "the newest OS available". As there's no room for more disks, I upgraded to 1 TB (960 GB).

The Mojave partition is for running 32-bit apps and games.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Thanks for your feedback! As written Monterey is the step towards running "the newest OS available".

OCLP does not support Mojave.

As there's no room for more disks, I upgraded to 1 TB (960 GB)

If you really need Mojave, install it to a TB dock/drive/etc. Works fine here.

Mojave with Monterey in the same disk will led to corruption, different and incompatible APFS versions.

AskMeAboutEveryThing

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2024
That shouldn't happen with separate partions? - but with your experience you reckon it will?! Btw, it's Mojave with "whatever OS is newest" = Sonoma right now via OCLP (via Monterey) and then a Bootcamp partition

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
That shouldn't happen with separate partions? - but with your experience you reckon it will?!

Yes, it will corrupt the Monterey container/partition/whatever, Mojave APFS version is incompatible and even if you disable auto mounting it will corrupt in the long run.

Anyway, this is way off-topic for a thread that is for tracking BootROM releases.

AskMeAboutEveryThing

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2024
Yes, it will corrupt the Monterey container/partition/whatever, Mojave APFS version is incompatible and even if you disable auto mounting it will corrupt in the long run.

Anyway, this is way off-topic for a thread that is for tracking BootROM releases.
The on-topic issue is, why I can't install, when the Boot ROM is up to date. Still have to put an original Apple SSD into it to do anything. Thought that would be fixed by now?

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
The on-topic issue is, why I can't install, when the Boot ROM is up to date.

Sorry, but this is not on-topic since you already have the current BootROM release.

Once the BootROM upgrade is already installed to the Mac Pro, Software Updates/macOS install/etc won't touch it again until Apple release a newer BootROM upgrade (which probably won't happen again or Apple would be testing the newer firmware by now with Monterey 12.7.6 betas).

Your issue is OCLP or even something related to the Aura SSD.

Still have to put an original Apple SSD into it to do anything. Thought that would be fixed by now?

That's not because you installed OCLP to the Aura ESP?

Mojave is not compatible with OCLP, OCLP spoofs 2019 Mac Pro to run Ventura and Sonoma, so, since 2019 Mac Pro is not compatible with Mojave, you will not get it to install or work.

Remove OCLP ESP, reset the NVRAM and you can install Mojave. If you need OCLP help, please go to one of the Unsupported Mac threads.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
It's a trash can (2013) model. And right now I'm just asking why I can't install Mac OS on a OWC Aura 1 TB SSD

Again, this is an issue not related to the thread that tracks late-2013 BootROM upgrades.

If you want help with OWC Aura + late-2013, open a dedicated thread for that and/or call OWC technical support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.