Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
Blah my watch didn’t move all weekend in China and now my Wednesday delivery date says check back tomorrow for an updated time. Growl!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I was surprised to find that the Ti also includes a set of grey colored sport straps inside the box with the watch.

That's been the usual since the Ti models came out - light gray for the natural Ti and dark gray for the SBTi, with a titanium pin matching the color of the watch.

It's listed in the "Whats in the box" as you add it to your cart.

Reactions: Synomenon

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
But is not the cost of AC for Ti higher than say for SS? I thought Ti was maybe $149 and SS was perhaps $79. Do I have this wrong?

Yes - though you're getting three years AC+ with the Ti vs two years with the SS because the Ti watches have an extra year of warranty included.

Reactions: lala0314

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Yes - though you're getting three years AC+ with the Ti vs two years with the SS because the Ti watches have an extra year of warranty included.
I probably haven't had enough coffee yet, but if you're on the monthly AC payment plan you can keep up AC as long as you want to pay for it - probably the cost over three years would be the same? (The up-front payment is slightly cheaper than the monthly rate so if you compare the AW Edition AC price paid one-time for three years to any set of numbers for the SS/alu watches the Ti price would be less.)

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I probably haven't had enough coffee yet, but if you're on the monthly AC payment plan you can keep up AC as long as you want to pay for it - probably the cost over three years would be the same? (The up-front payment is slightly cheaper than the monthly rate so if you compare the AW Edition AC price paid one-time for three years to any set of numbers for the SS/alu watches the Ti price would be less.)

Yes, now that monthly AC+ can be extended in the US you're able to maintain longer coverage on other models, though that didn't become a thing until a few months ago and it also may not necessarily apply to other nations.

Note though that monthly AC+ cannot be transferred if you sell the watch, while prepaid AC+ follows the device (last I checked).

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Yes, now that monthly AC+ can be extended in the US you're able to maintain longer coverage on other models, though that didn't become a thing until a few months ago and it also may not necessarily apply to other nations.

Note though that monthly AC+ cannot be transferred if you sell the watch, while prepaid AC+ follows the device (last I checked).
That's what I remember, too. You also have the option to transfer or get a refund, so there's a nice bit of optionality there.

wilderkun

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2007
Around
Thank you! I’m shocked there are not that many space black titanium watches photos floating around. I wonder why. It also seems like space black is a little more darker? It doesn’t seemed like it’s brushed anymore.
The space black ti isn't brushed. It's a Matte black. Almost looks like plastic. It's pure black. Not a space color.

m5h

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
DA293C3A-B426-472C-A267-2FC7E00BC201.jpeg

My order has been stuck on this status since last Friday. Apple says that it delivers this Thursday. Is this any accurate? I am in Australia and normally parcels from China takes 1 day to get to Sydney and then another day to get to my city before it’s out for delivery.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
View attachment 1871103
My order has been stuck on this status since last Friday. Apple says that it delivers this Thursday. Is this any accurate? I am in Australia and normally parcels from China takes 1 day to get to Sydney and then another day to get to my city before it’s out for delivery.
Honestly I wouldn't rely on any date unless its been cleared by government agency. It's not moving anywhere until that happens. Once I got that it moved pretty fast.

m5h

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
Honestly I wouldn't rely on any date unless its been cleared by government agency. It's not moving anywhere until that happens. Once I got that it moved pretty fast.
292FA155-3522-4782-BC2F-23B19CB022C4.jpeg

So this is how Apple does shipments in Australia. Although I have 0 status updates, I talked to this lady at DHL. She told me that it was currently on its way to Singapore before arriving in Australia, however that extra info cannot be disclosed on my tracking number provided by Apple.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
No Tis at all in Australia as far as I can see.

Dunno about Australia, but in the US they don't list inventory online when there's less than a certain number in the store. Have you confirmed that the actual stores have no stock, or just that the online ordering system doesn't show stock?

Also - and again in the US, dunno about Australia - the Ti models aren't stocked in every store, just certain flagship (or some term) stores.

Hi folks! My Titanium Watch arrived yesterday. It is so beautiful.

D9F36C24-4565-47C3-9521-3D20DE77E88E.jpeg

More pictures are posted on this thread below :) enjoy and good luck. Hope you get yours soon.

ElDuderino91

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2020
Hi folks! My Titanium Watch arrived yesterday. It is so beautiful.

View attachment 1872229

More pictures are posted on this thread below :) enjoy and good luck. Hope you get yours soon.

Nice!

The SB looks more grey or like the graphite color than black in my opinion.That’s one reason why I decided against SBTi and went for SSG instead. I compared them both in store on launch day. I was sure I’d go for Ti because I usually prefer a matte understated look. I remember the SBTi Series 5 a friend had and it felt so premium compared to my SG Al S5. But this years Ti Apple Watch couldn’t convince me. Honestly, if there wouldn’t be the SSG I’d prefer the midnight Al over this years SBTi. The finish doesn’t feel as premium to me as it used to be and should be for the price. Just my personal taste.

Enjoy your beautiful Watch and keep us updated how the DLC coating holds up!

LbSigman

macrumors member
May 31, 2009
progress!!

I’m in the November 2-9 camp and yesterday 10-21, my card was charged. Status has since been changed to “preparing to ship”.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Its exactly the same as the last 2 years though. Doesn't look like anything has changed. I would go midnight AL but no sapphire is a no go for me. I had the graphite last year and it scratched easily. So for me the SB Ti is the better option because of the DLC and the lightness of it during fitness compared to the SS.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Its exactly the same as the last 2 years though. Doesn't look like anything has changed. I would go midnight AL but no sapphire is a no go for me. I had the graphite last year and it scratched easily. So for me the SB Ti is the better option because of the DLC and the lightness of it during fitness compared to the SS.
Subjective perception may trump objective fact (really, not being facetious), but the weight difference of the 45mm Ti vs SS is zero point two ounces (0.02 oz) or 6 grams if you are on the metric system.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Subjective perception may trump objective fact (really, not being facetious), but the weight difference of the 45mm Ti vs SS is zero point two ounces (0.02 oz) or 6 grams if you are on the metric system.

6.4gm is 0.22oz not 0.02oz.

Having owned SS S5 & Ti S6, I'll say that you can definitely discern the weight difference. Particularly during a workout that involves arm swinging/motion.

That said, the weight differences between Al, SS, and Ti haven't had any meaningful impact on my workouts.

ElDuderino91

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2020
When I was younger I used to wear those sand filled wristbands on every workout. They were 1 kg each. In the beginning it was a pain in the a** running 10 km daily with the added weight, but soon I got used to it. I don’t think the few more grams the SS weighs are worth worrying about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.