Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
I thought Apple eliminated that restocking fee long time ago.
Perhaps this is a dated page, but if they do this for iPhone and iPad, sure they do with AW:'

Perhaps this is a dated page, but if they do this for iPhone and iPad, sure they do with AW:'
I don’t think you have to worry about re-stocking fee’s.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
I was surprised to find that the Ti also includes a set of grey colored sport straps inside the box with the watch.
Nice! I am so not into the band that comes with my SBTi. Tornado something. Personally I am not that into the cloth type bands. I have a black link bracelet I wear to work sometimes and "fancy" stuff, not that I am all that fancy at all lol. Other than that I have many colored sport bands. What I really am into the look of right now on studio is the SBTi with midnight leather link. May see if I can hit an apple store and do a little trade action and pay the difference. Oh man sorry about the word vomit I am just super excited to get my watch!!

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
So... sorta getting back on topic, anyone get lucky just coming into an Apple Store and getting any Titanium watches? Sorta trying my luck again today. No luck yesterday at one Apple Store though

maldahleh

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2020
So... sorta getting back on topic, anyone get lucky just coming into an Apple Store and getting any Titanium watches? Sorta trying my luck again today. No luck yesterday at one Apple Store though
Make sure you are going to stores that carry edition watches, not all do. In my area, there’s 10 Apple Stores, but only 2 carry edition watches, one was completely sold out of Ti, one had only 41s left so there’s a chance.

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
Yes actually. After picking up my SBTi I inquired about the silver Ti. To my surprise there was one in stock. Interesting thing is I noticed that the pin color on the grey band included matches the watch color on each. SB sport band pin is dark while the silver Ti comes with a sport band with a silver pin.

Inventory said nothing in stock, so absolutely ask at the store. You may be surprised

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
Yes actually. After picking up my SBTi I inquired about the silver Ti. To my surprise there was one in stock. Interesting thing is I noticed that the pin color on the grey band included matches the watch color on each. SB sport band pin is dark while the silver Ti comes with a sport band with a silver pin.

Inventory said nothing in stock, so absolutely ask at the store. You may be surprised
Yes! I love that the pin is darker. Small and subtle but sometimes the little things make the difference.

Flyer0815

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2007
PA
Yes! I love that the pin is darker. Small and subtle but sometimes the little things make the difference.
Yup! It’s those little things that bring it together. Coming from SB And Silver stainless, I really like the brushed appearance of the Ti. The SB is a bit lighter in color than my series 4 SB stainless, but it matches so well with my original SB link bracelet I got with the first Apple Watch. The Ti silver just has such a different finish but truly premium looking. Love it.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
Yup! It’s those little things that bring it together. Coming from SB And Silver stainless, I really like the brushed appearance of the Ti. The SB is a bit lighter in color than my series 4 SB stainless, but it matches so well with my original SB link bracelet I got with the first Apple Watch. The Ti silver just has such a different finish but truly premium looking. Love it.
Oh man you're making me so pumped to get mine. UPS says delivery on Wednesday which feels like years!!!! Hahaha.

So the Digital Crown is more darker now? Is it more flushed?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Nice nice! I wasn't lucky again today looking for a Graphite Stainless Steel but I was only able to scope out one store. It does seem like the Apple Store app is set to "Unavailable" while each individual store has their own internal inventory.

I think the situation is that stores can have small inventory levels of an item and below a certain threshold (I've read the number is five, for watches) inventory doesn't show up online. This avoids disappointments due to inventory mistakes (happens, even at Apple) and also gives the store a cushion for in-store replacement of items returned because they aren't working. I don't remember personally running into this with watches, but I have had it happen several times with MacBooks.

Another thing to remember is that Edition watches are limited to select stores. I live in Massachusetts and there is only one store in the Commonwealth that sells them (the flagship store on Boylston Street in Boston).

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I think the situation is that stores can have small inventory levels of an item and below a certain threshold (I've read the number is five, for watches) inventory doesn't show up online. This avoids disappointments due to inventory mistakes (happens, even at Apple) and also gives the store a cushion for in-store replacement of items returned because they aren't working. I don't remember personally running into this with watches, but I have had it happen several times with MacBooks.

Another thing to remember is that Edition watches are limited to select stores. I live in Massachusetts and there is only one store in the Commonwealth that sells them (the flagship store on Boylston Street in Boston).

I can see why they do it, but it can be frustrating. I also wish each state had at least 1 store that sells the edition model. My state doesn’t have one. I’d have to drive to Atlanta from SC to pick one up.

If I could reserve one, I’d possibly make the drive. I’m not doing it though in the hopes that maybe they have one.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
Nothing showing online for my local Apple Store and when I asked in-person they confirmed it - they showed me their internal stock screen and they seem to have hardly anything at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.