Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
6.4gm is 0.22oz not 0.02oz.

Having owned SS S5 & Ti S6, I'll say that you can definitely discern the weight difference. Particularly during a workout that involves arm swinging/motion.

That said, the weight differences between Al, SS, and Ti haven't had any meaningful impact on my workouts.
And 0.02 ounces, 0.4 grams is significant? ;)
There may be sports where you'd notice - perhaps something like squash or racquetball where your wrist is moving very quickly than decelerates when you hit the ball? Guessing, never played either with any Apple Watch.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
And 0.02 ounces, 0.4 grams is significant? ;)
There may be sports where you'd notice - perhaps something like squash or racquetball where your wrist is moving very quickly than decelerates when you hit the ball? Guessing, never played either with any Apple Watch.

Which watches have a 0.02 oz or 0.4 gram difference?

'cuz the S7 weight diff is 6.4gm - a ~14% difference - which is an objectively noticeable difference.

Whether that difference is meaningful to someone is subjective, as you note, as well as dependent on the particular workouts. Running interval sprint workouts will present a more noticeable difference than would an evening spent as a Keyboard Warrior.

Last edited:

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Which watches have a 0.02 oz or 0.4 gram difference?

'cuz the S7 weight diff is 6.4gm - a ~14% difference - which is an objectively noticeable difference.

Whether that difference is meaningful to someone is subjective, as you note, as well as dependent on the particular workouts. Running interval sprint workouts will present a more noticeable difference than would an evening spent as a Keyboard Warrior.
Went back to my earlier reply and it's a mistake, I plead some numerical challenges.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
Ha! A few days out of return window for my graphite and now a ti shows up that I could’ve collected locally. Go figure! Oh well, maybe next year or the following instead.

Reactions: shr631

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Ha! A few days out of return window for my graphite and now a ti shows up that I could’ve collected locally. Go figure! Oh well, maybe next year or the following instead.
Lol yep of course the timing worked out that way. ? c’est la vie. Fwiw as an SBTi owner, I think the graphite is absolutely gorgeous and perhaps the most impressive looking series 7 finish. Enjoy it without reservation ??

Reactions: 4pp13

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
Lol yep of course the timing worked out that way. ? c’est la vie. Fwiw as an SBTi owner, I think the graphite is absolutely gorgeous and perhaps the most impressive looking series 7 finish. Enjoy it without reservation ??
I think you're right, can't really go wrong with either. I will definitely save this as an excuse to upgrade sooner than I would've with the ti (AppleCare can be extended but that will definitely be a 2 vs 3 year upgrade excuse). Enjoy the SBTI! Since it's here for fitness maybe the extra weight will be a benefit in the end for me at least :D

• Haha
Reactions: shr631

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I think you're right, can't really go wrong with either. I will definitely save this as an excuse to upgrade sooner than I would've with the ti (AppleCare can be extended but that will definitely be a 2 vs 3 year upgrade excuse). Enjoy the SBTI! Since it's here for fitness maybe the extra weight will be a benefit in the end for me at least :D
There you go! Extra fitness and an upgrade reason in your back pocket ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.