Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2019
I ordered right as the store went live; I opted to stick with 2TB internal and only 128GB of RAM as this will be attached to multiple terabytes of external storage and the existing 128GB M1 Ultra this will be supplementing (not replacing; this replaces a 2019 Mac Pro) never hits the 128GB of RAM limit in our work or even comes close. Running through setup right now and then I'm going to do some comparative benchmarking in real-world applications.

ErneX

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
Mine is doing a stop in Dubai today, I guess it’s just one more flight to Europe. UPS says I should have it tomorrow morning 🤞

Reactions: AdamSeen

GalvatronJB

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2023
United Kingdom
I've picked the 38-core GPU Max version, with 64GB RAM and a 1TB hard drive. UPS are saying it'll be arriving on Thursday (I'm in the UK), and it's currently just left a facility in Dubai airport. Trying to cross-reference FlightRadar to work out what flight it might be on.

Beaverman3001

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2010
Lol, you could probably get a similar specification Mac Pro much earlier if the online hate for the new Mac Pro is for real 😉
Thats what I thought, so when this project came out I figured I'd just go for a mac pro to get it a few weeks earlier, but no luck on stock online or in store so far.

trickster is meaningless

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2016
Basingstoke, UK
Thats what I thought, so when this project came out I figured I'd just go for a mac pro to get it a few weeks earlier, but no luck on stock online or in store so far.
I've only seen Mac Pros in business settings, but I know two small mixed media studios that have jumped on the new ones. One is primarily music, the other does a lot of film work. It's not work particularly I'm familiar with, but the guy I know at the film place didn't give a crap about the lack GPU. I think they need huge input for tens of cameras/100s audio channels.

I feel like the anger is from high-end consumers, more than businesses. That's a very narrow view from my contacts though.

Beaverman3001

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2010
I've only seen Mac Pros in business settings, but I know two small mixed media studios that have jumped on the new ones. One is primarily music, the other does a lot of film work. It's not work particularly I'm familiar with, but the guy I know at the film place didn't give a crap about the lack GPU. I think they need huge input for tens of cameras/100s audio channels.

I feel like the anger is from high-end consumers, more than businesses. That's a very narrow view from my contacts though.
Always the angry minority that makes the most noise, most of the people complaining were probably never in the market for a mac pro to begin with. I don't need a mac pro, would be fine with a studio, but I'm fine with either really, whatever I can get first.

phazedout

Suspended
Dec 15, 2022
I am really jealous of you guys, I gotta wait another paycheck or two before I purchase this bad boy.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I live In the UK, ordered on the 5th, Max with 2TB SSD. Mine is travelling with DHL, got excited when tracking said Customs Processing East Midlands yesterday afternoon and booked Today off work. However then realised that it landed in Germany and the customs message was just advanced processing. It’s currently 3.30 am ( I know, I know) in the Uk and now on the way to the UK, not sure if I will get in later today or not.

Update : Landed in the UK at 4.30 am. Hopefully will get it today. Next stage will be to get it to Bristol depot.

Last edited:

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
Anyone's new M2 Studio ship?

I ordered the Base with upgrade to 1TB SSD and mine just switched to "preparing to ship"

Just curious on others

Did it arrive ahead or behind original schedule? Curious as I just ordered the same spec.

AdamSeen

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2013
It's left Bahrain now... Fingers crossed, it's on this East Midlands (Nottingham, UK) flight: https://www.flightradar24.com/DHK790/30b2e2ac as I'll most likely get it tomorrow.

If it's on the Leipzig flight, it will take a few more days https://www.flightradar24.com/BOX539/30b2e985
It was on the East Midlands flight, and it arrived in the final depot today - so likely I'll get it later on today.

Here's the complete journey:

EDIT: It's arriving today in the next few hours.

shipping.png

Last edited:

trickster is meaningless

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2016
Basingstoke, UK
It was on the East Midlands flight, and it arrived in the final depot today - so likely I'll get it later on today.

Here's the complete journey:

EDIT: It's arriving today in the next few hours.

We must be quite close by, mine is coming from the Reading depot. Although, I'm not around today so I've got it going to a collection point so I can collect it tomorrow. This weekend is going to be busy, but exciting.

AdamSeen

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2013
We must be quite close by, mine is coming from the Reading depot. Although, I'm not around today so I've got it going to a collection point so I can collect it tomorrow. This weekend is going to be busy, but exciting.
It’s good to share the journey. Yeah, I’m in Winchester - my sister in law lives in Reading so go there frequently. Enjoy it!
Mine has arrived now, just doing the mac to mac transfer
IMG_2623.jpeg

ErneX

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2011
IMG_4763.jpeg
Mine arrived just a while ago, very happy with the delivery time and they nailed their estimation of it being here the 14th.

Reactions: James_C

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Mine arrived just a while ago, very happy with the delivery time and they nailed their estimation of it being here the 14th.

Gratz, Hope you are enjoying your new Mac.

Sadly mine landed in the UK at 4.30 This morning and as far as I can tell has sat all day in DHL distribution hub near Birmingham. I could have left home at 7am driven to get it and returned home by 11am. I took the day off waiting for it to arrive as well. Damn DHL.

Reactions: ErneX

kokko8

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2023
Mine is stuck for the day at DHL in Leipzig :/

Last edited:

mcscot

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
Gratz, Hope you are enjoying your new Mac.

Sadly mine landed in the UK at 4.30 This morning and as far as I can tell has sat all day in DHL distribution hub near Birmingham. I could have left home at 7am driven to get it and returned home by 11am. I took the day off waiting for it to arrive as well. Damn DHL.
Mine (to Cambridge) was similar, seems it missed a van leaving the depot. Arrived today..

Reactions: ErneX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.