Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68040
Dec 3, 2016
USA
I just don’t see your point here, this is a public forum and I’m just asking people opinions about the weight difference but I’ll well aware everyone is different like I just don’t get the point of that comment
My point was simply that (as stated earlier) the weight difference does not matter to me, based on carrying a 6# 17" MBP all around uni in a backpack. I like the large screen real estate and the MBP power, whereas I had friends who wanted the lightest possible and did not care about power or screen real estate. Personal preference. What matters is your preferences.

FWIW folks doing just text (mostly taking notes) were the ones who liked small and light. Those doing heavier stuff (I was doing postgrad work) liked more power and more screen real estate. Personally I never took original notes using a computer.

Plus of course the devices are now close in weight and there are multiple sizes, so one really needs to compare exact models. Also, keyboards can vary a lot, so if you are a hotshot typist (I am not) you should personally compare keyboards too.

Last edited:

Milly342

Suspended
Original poster
May 27, 2024
My point was simply that (as stated earlier) the weight difference does not matter to me, based on carrying a 6# 17" MBP all around uni in a backpack. I like the large screen real estate and the MBP power, whereas I had friends who wanted the lightest possible and did not care about power or screen real estate. Personal preference. What matters is your preferences.

FWIW folks doing just text (mostly taking notes) were the ones who liked small and light. Those doing heavier stuff (I was doing postgrad work) liked more power and more screen real estate. Personally I never took original notes using a computer.

Plus of course the devices are now so close in weight and there are multiple sizes, so one really needs to compare exact models.
Sorry for the confusion i miss interpreted your comment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.