Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

where is it

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
England
Has anyone had any experience on the general wait time the build-to-order Macbook M7 (1.3) takes to get delivered from your initial order date?

I'm looking at the Apple UK site and if I order today, 23rd April, they deliver 4th May - 6th May.

Any experience on a shorter time frame?

Reactions: c0mm0n

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Has anyone had any experience on the general wait time the build-to-order Macbook M7 (1.3) takes to get delivered from your initial order date?

I'm looking at the Apple UK site and if I order today, 23rd April, they deliver 4th May - 6th May.

Mine was ordered 19th April, and it's still being processed....so, be patience!

rixard

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Sweden
I ordered mine through the swedish Apple Store on the 19th, it was shipped yesterday but I haven't received a tracking number yet. Initially it said delivery 2-4th May, now it is listed as 9th May. I did order the AV adapter - if I remember correctly the two orders will be merged and packaged in Germany.

where is it

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
England
Mine was ordered 19th April, and it's still being processed....so, be patience!

I was hoping for shorter wait times not longer. Bummer.
[doublepost=1461411507][/doublepost]
I ordered mine through the swedish Apple Store on the 19th, it was shipped yesterday but I haven't received a tracking number yet. Initially it said delivery 2-4th May, now it is listed as 9th May. I did order the AV adapter - if I remember correctly the two orders will be merged and packaged in Germany.

9th of May? We'll be on 7th Gen by then.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
I ordered the m7 as soon as the store started working on Tuesday afternoon. It didn't ship until late Thursday UK time. It won't be here until Wednesday. So there's a fair wait.

ubermark

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2005
Ordered my M7 soon after the store went up again and it's arriving on Wednesday next week (UK).

izzyfanto

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
I wonder why they're taking so long...I ordered my M3 late Thursday afternoon, and as I write this it's Saturday afternoon and it is already only a couple cities away! Went from China to Midwest USA in 2 days time

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
My m7 has been sat in China for four days now. So much for UPS "Expedited" shipping, FFS...

image.jpeg

Stutterer

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2015

In my case, although Apple says the delivery will be on the 4th or 5th, UPS lists the delivery on the 27th.

///M5

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2009
Mississauga, ON
Mines arriving next Friday to my local store ;) took my 45 day old 2015 back for a full refund and ordered the BTO 1.3/512 on EPP Discount..

It's going to be a loooong week!!

45 days? How did you manage to get that?

I'm waiting for my m7 to show up which will take another week, and already bought an m5 from the store in the meantime; but only have 14 days to return it.

where is it

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
England
45 days? How did you manage to get that?

I'm waiting for my m7 to show up which will take another week, and already bought an m5 from the store in the meantime; but only have 14 days to return it.

That's a bit naughty. Hadn't thought of that.

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
My SG m7/512 ordered Thursday is now preparing for shipment as of early Monday morning.

Ordered through our company's business portal and with the discounts and promotions, the M7 model is the same price as a m5 at full retail price.

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
My m7/256ssd is still being processed...since Tuesdayo_O

Still the same... Is someone like me? I ordered accesories with it, and I chose that accesories and macbook are delivered in one package/same time. Could this have affected the waiting time?

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Hi, In the UK, 512gb/m7: ordered on Saturday 23rd and it shipped this morning. Stupidly asked for it to be merged with another item so not sure if that is going to slow down the delivery!!

Estimated date is Tuesday 3rd May. Problem is I fly off the US for 3 weeks on Monday 2nd!! Heres wishing it arrives early.

Anybody have a proper tracking number for the item as I don't seem to be able to track it yet, all I know is that it has been dispatched.

It says: "Please Note: Your items dispatched from different locations and will be merged together before delivery. Once merged, your Order Status will be updated with carrier and tracking information (at least 48 business hours before your estimated delivery date)."

rixard

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Sweden
I asked for the items to be merged too - stupid in hindsight. I have the same message about tracking no. 48 hours prior to delivery.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Hi, In the UK, 512gb/m7: ordered on Saturday 23rd and it shipped this morning. Stupidly asked for it to be merged with another item so not sure if that is going to slow down the delivery!!

Estimated date is Tuesday 3rd May. Problem is I fly off the US for 3 weeks on Monday 2nd!! Heres wishing it arrives early.

Anybody have a proper tracking number for the item as I don't seem to be able to track it yet, all I know is that it has been dispatched.

It says: "Please Note: Your items dispatched from different locations and will be merged together before delivery. Once merged, your Order Status will be updated with carrier and tracking information (at least 48 business hours before your estimated delivery date)."
Try going on the UPS website and tracking by reference (i.e. not by number) and type in your Apple order number. You may then be able to track it that way.

djpraize

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2008
NC
I ordered an M7 on Tuesday the 19th around 2 PM Eastern time (US) and I shipped to my store. It originally said it would arrive 4/29. Then it shipped on Friday with an estimated arrival of 4/27. Lo and behold, I got an email today and I picked it up at lunchtime (4/25). I am posting this from my M7. So for me, it took less than a week!

Picapau21

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2015
Try going on the UPS website and tracking by reference (i.e. not by number) and type in your Apple order number. You may then be able to track it that way.

Thanks for the advise but it didn't work. I have a feeling it will be UK mail who deliver it as well.
[doublepost=1461609866][/doublepost]
I asked for the items to be merged too - stupid in hindsight. I have the same message about tracking no. 48 hours prior to delivery.

My worry is it will add at least 1 day delay
[doublepost=1461609917][/doublepost]
I ordered an M7 on Tuesday the 19th around 2 PM Eastern time (US) and I shipped to my store. It originally said it would arrive 4/29. Then it shipped on Friday with an estimated arrival of 4/27. Lo and behold, I got an email today and I picked it up at lunchtime (4/25). I am posting this from my M7. So for me, it took less than a week!

Congrats. You managed to run any benchmarks on it yet? Geek bench etc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.