Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
How is that a win? I have known the current place for much longer. Also other people who don't browse macrumors and randomly see a screenshot won't know. "General" makes much more sense than "Desktop & Dock". I guess my irony detector failed me, but thinking about it, your comment can't be meant seriously.
if something changes, everyone has to learn what's changed. once they learn that, they know that. that is all i'm saying. no irony, nothing to do with macrumors forums.

lots of things have changed in the OS over the years, and somehow... we all adapt. until the next changes... 🤔

Reactions: Stefdar

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
I've had issues with my 4K LG monitor (27UN850) not saving the size/positions of my application windows - hidden or otherwise - when I power the monitor off and on again, so it's basically on 1% brightness when I'm away from my desk. Not ideal. The monitor is connected to my M1 Mini via USB-C.

Has anyone seen this behavior change or the issue resolve on Ventura?

Reactions: TonyM42

owidhh

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2021
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in Stage Manager, cmd-` will cycle through the windows of the same stage, even if they belong to different apps. This is different from usual where cmd-` cycles between open windows of the same app in the same space. Quite an improvement in my opinion.

cmd-tab will cycle between different apps, whether in the same space or not.

Reactions: canopic

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
I just try to dual boot set up with Ventura. Aside from the new settings panels and the little additions from iOS 16, like the better dictation the clock app Weather iMessage changes and so on it looks and feels exactly the same as Monterey.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
I've had issues with my 4K LG monitor (27UN850) not saving the size/positions of my application windows - hidden or otherwise - when I power the monitor off and on again, so it's basically on 1% brightness when I'm away from my desk. Not ideal. The monitor is connected to my M1 Mini via USB-C.

Has anyone seen this behavior change or the issue resolve on Ventura?
This isn't the thread for bug reporting. This one is. :)

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 4.15.00 PM.png

That is what says in Big Sur, is Python 2.7 still available in Ventura?

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
More Stage Manager:

Windows still shrink when it's enabled and I really hate it, please give me an option to disable this behaviour Apple. It's a pain having to resize all my windows:

You can now click the app icon to show all windows that are stacked in the strip:

edjusted

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2010
Is anyone else experiencing Safari in Ventura (Public Beta 1) being too "ambitious/greedy" about capturing/intercepting cmd-keystrokes?

For example, cmd-keystrokes that used to work in Keyboard Maestro no longer work because Safari is "capturing/intercepting" them instead.

And if you're in Google Sheets, none of the *Google Sheets*-specific cmd-keystrokes work. Again, Safari seems to be intercepting them instead.

canopic

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2014
When clicking the app icon in stage manager it will bring up all "safari" or "finder" windows (whatever app icon you click), but a detail not mentioned so far - it will also bring up a flat version all stages that contain the app you click. Quite nice.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
Why we didnt get beta6 for Ventura today?
iOS, ipadOS, tvOS got updates today but nothing for macOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.