Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

owidhh

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2021
Don't just hope, use Feedback Assistant. While it does seem like screaming into the void sometimes, I have had actual replies from Apple staff in that app, asking to provide details/screencasts/etc to demonstrate issues I was having. So it's not being ignored...

Neurobit

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
United States
Don't just hope, use Feedback Assistant. While it does seem like screaming into the void sometimes, I have had actual replies from Apple staff in that app, asking to provide details/screencasts/etc to demonstrate issues I was having. So it's not being ignored...
I would have (always do on macOS or iOS), but I had zero connectivity to the outside world…

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Can you see the volume in the menu bar with headphones connected now? Like you could in all versions prior to 12... (except 11.0; the missing functionality was restored in 11.1 then removed again in 12).

nightfox818

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2018
I'll second that - I forget what it was but I had a weird bug get fixed in macOS because of that. I asked around and it didn't affect anyone else I knew and showed screenshots & screen recordings to and they couldn't replicate. Submitted a bug report through Feedback Assistant and like a month later, got an email that it was resolved. Next update, sure enough Apple fixed the bug.

If you know how to write a helpful bug report, Apple should hopefully do something with it.

Reactions: Skyuser and owidhh

elptdbi3lYI

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2021
1. In stage manager cmd+` switches between all windows in the current 'stage' instead of the current focused app only.
2. Stage manager does not work well with dock on the left, if dock is hidden they overlap.
3. It is possible to hide window groups displayed on the left during stage manager mode.

eablokker

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
1. In stage manager cmd+` switches between all windows in the current 'stage' instead of the current focused app only.
2. Stage manager does not work well with dock on the left, if dock is hidden they overlap.
3. It is possible to hide window groups displayed on the left during stage manager mode.
How does Stage Manager work with spaces? If you have windows in multiple spaces and switch scenes, do your windows get restored to their proper space? Or does each space get its own separate stage manager?

Is it possible to save scenes/window groups? Can you pull up a previously saved window group after rebooting?

Reactions: altaic

PKdeGallo

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2015
Miami, FL
Just want to be sure I'm not losing my mind here, is anyone else having issues with iMessage notifications? I did a fresh install and I can get the badges to show when I get messages, but not actually notification popup.

I'm cool with it not working rn, just want to be sure I'm not missing a setting. Even though it should work on default.

MarineBand5524

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2021
Just want to be sure I'm not losing my mind here, is anyone else having issues with iMessage notifications? I did a fresh install and I can get the badges to show when I get messages, but not actually notification popup.

I'm cool with it not working rn, just want to be sure I'm not missing a setting. Even though it should work on default.
Are they enabled in notifications?

elptdbi3lYI

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2021
How does Stage Manager work with spaces? If you have windows in multiple spaces and switch scenes, do your windows get restored to their proper space? Or does each space get its own separate stage manager?

Is it possible to save scenes/window groups? Can you pull up a previously saved window group after rebooting?
Each space has their own separate stage manager.
Window restoration does not work, every window gets restored in the same space application is launched from, also
window groups do not save on os restart either, they get separated on window restoration.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: eablokker

walterpaisley

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2004
Springfield
Upgraded my M1 Pro 14" with zero noticeable issues so far. Some apps don't work (Bartener) but overall things seem to be working reasonably well. I OTA upgraded on top of the last macOS 12.5 beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.