Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
what? where? how?

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 03.02.17.png

Unfortunately, as each year, there are audio cut-offs during playback... so the app is not really usable atm.

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
Whether he hates music is irrelevant; he's not in charge of and doesn't build the Music app so you can blame the Apple Music team for not changing the app enough.

Looks like some mild Music changes related to notifications and recommendations.
If they aren’t changing it, and they aren’t fixing it, then what are they doing? Drawing emojis wearing headphones is my guess.

Reactions: Lvivske

tree_frog

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2021
In the current version on Monterey (v1.2.4.3), the Album Artwork column in the main library has a bug where the Medium artwork size won't persist when the application is restarted. Small and Large both work fine, and Medium works fine on playlists.

I unfortunately went through the process of trashing the entire com.apple.Music preference domain to try to resolve this, but no dice. 😕

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I noticed you can finally turn off Apple Music in Monterrey again. This post will serve as my yearly reminder/rant that this app is still complete garbage. On all my Intel Macs I use iTunes, but since iTunes doesn't work on M1 I'm forced to use this pathetic attempt at a music cataloging app.

funnysharks

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2013
anyone else have this stupid bug where on Song view in Library (and other places) it just jumps around when scrolling?

It is so annoying

Reactions: mikext

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
anyone else have this stupid bug where on Song view in Library (and other places) it just jumps around when scrolling?

It is so annoying

when editing a track, or if tracks are downloading somewhere else, it will jump me to the bottom of the list or somewhere down at the least

annoying as hell

Airsculpture

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2020
when editing a track, or if tracks are downloading somewhere else, it will jump me to the bottom of the list or somewhere down at the least

annoying as hell
iTunes used to do something similar, still does, if you are adding the library whilst scrolling.

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I’m still running Mojave because of iTunes… why couldn’t they just have enabled sort playlists by year in album view.
Retroactive can install iTunes on later macOS. 12.9.5 doesn't seem to play nice on M1 but I have it running on Monterey and Big Sur machines perfectly. WAY faster and less resource hungry than the garbage Music app.

Last edited:

Mr. 123

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2016
Retroactive can install iTunes on later macOS. 12.9.5 doesn't seem to play nice on M1 but I have it running on Monterey and Big Sur machines perfectly. WAY faster and less resource hungry than the garbage Music app.
I was always a bit weary about using retroactive since it might stop working someday so I stayed on Mojave as the Music app is a no go for me, but I should probably try this someday.

When you install it can you just copy over your iTunes files? I assume Music changes your media file location etc when you install Montery.

Last edited:

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I was always a bit weary about using retroactive since it might stop working someday so I stayed on Mojave as the Music app is a no go for me, but I should probably try this someday.

When you install it can you just copy over your iTunes files? I assume Music changes your media file location etc when you install Montery.
Yes, just copy your iTunes folder and navigate it to your library when you open it.

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
You got that right - Music is a garbage app! And i can’t believe Apple just replaced iTunes with it…

Apple - Give us back our iTunes!

DD88CACE-ABE3-487C-A073-F89BADE89617.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.