Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I totally get it. Fussbudget to fussbudget. Honestly I would not put it past the app to not download the new version. I don’t use Apple Music for streaming but that’s worth checking into.
Well the Chord Mojo 2 DAC/AMP, driving the Dan Clark Aeon Noire is growing on me exponentially by the hour. Streaming via Tidal. Seems to work okay with Apple Music, but I did find the system setting on the iPhone to up the streaming sample rate. I plan to use this system traveling. But as you know Hotel/Public Wifi is slow. Downloading high resolution samples music would probably eat up a lot of space on my iPad and iPhone.

I go on the road soon! I hope the lights in the hotel can stay on when high resolution music streams. 🤣

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
Well the Chord Mojo 2 DAC/AMP, driving the Dan Clark Aeon Noire is growing on me exponentially by the hour. Streaming via Tidal. Seems to work okay with Apple Music, but I did find the system setting on the iPhone to up the streaming sample rate. I plan to use this system traveling. But as you know Hotel/Public Wifi is slow. Downloading high resolution samples music would probably eat up a lot of space on my iPad and iPhone.

I go on the road soon! I hope the lights in the hotel can stay on when high resolution music streams. 🤣
So awesome. Enjoy.

I just got the PS500x and PS2000x from Grado... they're just so damn good. I like them more than the RS1x which in contrast now sounds exotically high frequency centric. Great for string instruments.

Reactions: jazz1

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2016
Jesus god the PS2000x is a monster. Just fantastic sound in every way. I can't find anything wrong with these.

Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.