Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Apple penny pinching at its finest. Whatever reason Apple throws to the public to justify, cost cutting is the number one reason they don’t want to publicly announce.

Whether that sticker is still useful or valuable is the matter of each customer.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
As an economist, I find this a fascinating display of loss aversion.

If Apple never included stickers and added them, most people's response would have likely been mildly positive; but take them away and we get 9 pages and counting of OMG! How dare they!

• Disagree
Reactions: Surf Monkey

Victor Mortimer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2016
Seeing the old rainbow stickers makes me want them to go back to that logo. The current logo is so sterile.
Yep. The stickers have been crap for years.

I've still got some of the good ones left. My junior high school put in a couple labs of Apple //es, they didn't care about the stickers, I brought them home. I used them on various things over the years, but I've got some unopened packages left.

Reactions: H00513R

rmn1644

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2011
I like how Apple has minimialized its products for Eco reasons, getting rid of all plastic, shrinking boxes, etc.

And then when it shows up at my doorstep, its inside some giant box with fifteen labels on the outside (LITHIUM BATTERY! FRAGILE! Shipping label) and 15 plastic bags of air on the inside.

....and then they're worried about a tiny little sticker....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.