Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I remember when the stickers really meant something - it was a way to show that you had a Mac, and good taste. But now that Apple is not the underdog, and one of the biggest companies in the world, they make a lot less sense.
So true. I do remember the days when it meant you are a mac user and were part of that little enclave of users. Now it's thrown in every product. And it feels like there are more macs out there than PCs, at least when it comes to coffee shops or whatever.

Reactions: Riff_Raff

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I knew this would happen sooner or later.
Yeah. Anything non-essential can be eliminated. If it saves $00.001, thats $.001 x 200,000,000 to pump the numbers for the shareholder meeting. Old Apple built a value driven market, but they've firmly been in the era of hatchet men since about 2017. Anything not nailed down or on fire gets the chop.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxoakland

Tommy Lasorda

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2018
IMG_0322.jpeg

Reactions: TurboDrooler

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Disappointed. Only a matter of time before they are removed from other Apple products.

jonatron

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
Leeds, UK
This should have been done a long time ago. We have bought hundreds of macs over the years for the company I work for and they all went in the bin.

Reactions: macboyfan

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
I remember when the stickers really meant something - it was a way to show that you had a Mac, and good taste. But now that Apple is not the underdog, and one of the biggest companies in the world, they make a lot less sense.

other fruits have been super under-represented when it comes to stickers in my household, it's been way too apple dominated... hopefully this helps restore the balance

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
Those stickers were nice maybe 20 years ago to put on your car back window. It just doesn't feel the same to do that anymore.

the best locations I found for those stickers were on a microwave and on the inside of the toilet seat

jahsavi

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2007
I think people have forgotten that “paper stickers” exist. We’re all so used to vinyl. Just make the stickers of paper and wax release sheet 🤦‍♂️

roblognick

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2014
United Kingdom
I don’t think I’ve ever used the stickers. To be honest the last time I remember seeing them in the box was maybe when I bought the first iPad Air.

hugogogo2003

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2015
I never understood the purpose of these. It would have been billions and billions of them over the years, ending up in the bin for 97% of them I'm sure. They should have removed these 2 decades ago.

Silverado

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
I have never taken a single sticker out of an Apple product packaging. So I must have dozens of them lying around in the original boxes.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
This is just prep for Cook's next innovative product, which will be only the stickers (but electronic).

You know, pay for the privilege of virtue signaling that you are an Apple aficionado. Just imaging having that official Apple electronic sticker. No need to buy an Apple product. No need to wait for delivery. No need to carry something heavy. No need to leave the white padded room.

This is the future of Apple cash generation. This is Cook's innovation. This is the future. This is incredible. This is the best product Apple has ever made.

varsity

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
The manufacturing process generates a significant amount of plastic waste. Components such as capacitors, resistors, coils, diodes, SMCs, connectors, and other board elements are supplied on disposable plastic cut reels, which facilitate their placement directly onto the PCB. Additionally, each flex cable and adhesive strip is covered with a thin layer of plastic to protect it from dust and debris before installation. It's estimated that each iPhone produces plastic waste amounting to 30-50% of its own weight during manufacturing.

TurboDrooler

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2019
Toronto
I would miss seeing them when I open a new box, but in honesty I haven’t actually stuck one anywhere in a long time. The environment is more important.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
I also just keep them around. As I open the box and see the stickers I usually just say to myself, "Self, I will keep this until I figure out where I want to stick them at."

And then I forget about them and it never happens. Maybe one day I'll actually remember I have them and figure out where to stick 'em at!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.