Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
My version is 4.1.3. I updated yesterday. I just checked the update screen in the App Store and it says 4.2 at the bottom but my watch app still says 4.1.3. I restarted my watch and closed out of the program on the dock, made sure I was on WiFi, I have automatic updates on on my watch, and nothing.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2019
Search in the AppStore on the watch and update there. This did the trick for me.

Reactions: cfc

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
Search in the AppStore on the watch and update there. This did the trick for me.
Ahh ok! I had to actually go to WorkOutDoors itself in the store to get a new update option on the watch. Now the app says 4.2.12. I’ll try it out again tonight. Thank you!

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
I’d like to ask a question about “breadcrumbs” on the map.

Is it possible to somehow keep breadcrumbs of the path you walked even if you end the workout? Typically when I go hiking I keep 2 separate workouts; ie. one for when I go uphill and the other for the descent. Now the only option so far seems to be to pause the workout, but in that case you only end up with one long workout rather than two separate ones.

Is there by chance any other way?

cfc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 27, 2011
I’d like to ask a question about “breadcrumbs” on the map.

Is it possible to somehow keep breadcrumbs of the path you walked even if you end the workout? Typically when I go hiking I keep 2 separate workouts; ie. one for when I go uphill and the other for the descent. Now the only option so far seems to be to pause the workout, but in that case you only end up with one long workout rather than two separate ones.

Is there by chance any other way?

You can't keep the breadcrumbs but you can create a route from the first workout so that you can follow it during the second workout.

To do this tap the Export button for the first workout on the iPhone app and tap Create Route. Then send that route to the watch and select it to be displayed on the map. One downside is that this does require you to have your iPhone with you because that is the only way to create a route.

Reactions: jon08

MJ22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2017
I went for a run after manually updating on the watch as suggested and instant pace works now! I’m so happy. Thanks for including this fix in the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.