Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you prefer?

• Notch

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • Forehead

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters

tormac21

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2021
Just got my Macbook Pro 14. What notch?

Actually, I just added 74 pixels of black on the top of my wallpaper and use dark mode. Screen dimensions are 3,024x1,964. Can't see the notch and I'm enjoying the extra screen real estate!

Hope this helps some of you anti-notchers.

View attachment 1879923
This is exactly what I've done - use a wallpaper that has a dark/black top part (all you need is 74 pixels of black) and the notch simply disappears.

You only see it if you open an app (DaVinci Resolve, Visual Studio) where there are enough menu items to go past the notch. And even then, it's not so bad - you just have a few menu items that are a little further than you're used to.

The notch isn't a big deal. Just change your wallpaper.

Last edited:

tormac21

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2021
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

joderme

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
I'm in the what notch camp. Sure I'll notice it from time to time but it doesn't bother me. I do think it was a missed opportunity for face unlock but I'm sure they are saving that for to milk money from us on the next model.

Adarna

Suspended
Jan 1, 2015
No webcam at all would be perfectly acceptable.
I'm with you about removing the webcam all together but considering that more than 22.5 million Mac users may not share our sentiment then the notch is a good compromise.

I personally prefer to use a Canon R5 full frame camera as my webcam. But that's just me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.