Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I agree. Unfortunately, there’s not much evidence supporting Apple cares about Siri any longer. Apple occasionally promotes gimmicky and longstanding features. Although, to me, there’s little to no indication of “intelligence” improvements.

Optimistically, a person can hope Apple has forgone any significant updates of Siri to allocate resources working on a major breakthrough in their secret labs. :) But that’s probably just a pipe dream.
Generally speaking, Siri definitely has a disadvantage in functionality compared to competing voice assistants due to Apple’s privacy stance. I’m sure Apple will continue to improve Siri as much as they can, but I kind of think they are ok offering Siri as the as-functional-as-possible-while-not-crossing-a-particular-privacy-line voice assistant.

But as far as understanding which language to use, that does seem like something Siri should be able to do. Maybe it’s coming, hopefully.

Reactions: MacCheetah3

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I agree. Unfortunately, there’s not much evidence supporting Apple cares about Siri any longer. Apple occasionally promotes gimmicky and longstanding features. Although, to me, there’s little to no indication of “intelligence” improvements.

Optimistically, a person can hope Apple has forgone any significant updates of Siri to allocate resources working on a major breakthrough in their secret labs. :) But that’s probably just a pipe dream.
I don't need any other evidence than the fact that Siri is integrated into every new product they introduce and is a mjor factor in how they work...and Siri has come a VERY long way and works great for me. Could it be better? Sure. But it is quite functional and I think Apple probably has considerable resources dedicated to Siri improvement.

Slartibart

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2020
iOS redesign and/or optimize iOS for the different screen sizes. The smallest iPhone shouldn’t have the same layout as the biggest iPhone.
why? And more importantly, doesn’t that mean that you want the smallest iPhone to offer the smallest touch targets?

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
Interactive widgets FFS

New icon designs, new control centre and new notification centre.

The new lock screen is nice and all but notifications still suck.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Interactive widgets FFS

New icon designs, new control centre and new notification centre.

The new lock screen is nice and all but notifications still suck.
Let’s hope that, after a new Lock Screen with iOS 16, comes a new Home Screen with iOS 17, with the much needed interactive widgets.

I guess as soon as they drop support for the last 2GB of RAM devices, like the iPhone 8, they could reintroduce interactive widgets.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.