Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BenjipNZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
I think you should be fine. I've had friends working at Noel Leeming in previous years and they've always received them at their individual stores the night before (with strict instructions not to open/display until the Friday morning).

caeruleum

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2023
I think you should be fine. I've had friends working at Noel Leeming in previous years and they've always received them at their individual stores the night before (with strict instructions not to open/display until the Friday morning).
So that means I might be able to collect it on the launch day? Thats great news thanks :)

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Upgraded via Optus to the iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB in White titanium (on back order from Optus) - am currently on the iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB / Deep Purple and can upgrade for $99 after twelve months and go on a new contract for 24 months. Economically this is cheaper than buying the iPhone outright and then paying for a plan over the two year period. Will need to purchase a new magsafe clear case as the old one will not fit mainly due to the new silent switch.

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
Anyone ordered with Optus? Wondering when we should start seeing movement.
Did mine today online via their website - currently have the iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in deep purple - ordered iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB in White Titanium (already on back order so must be popular). Based on the numbers this method is cheaper than buying outright plus the cost of the plan over two years plus I upgrade for $99 every 12 months and trade in my old phone for around $1,000.

DougieNZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2022
Queenstown
I've had trouble pre-ordering through Vodafone/One NZ and Noel Leeming in the past. Probably as I'm in Central Otago rather than a major centre! Poor updates and miss communication. Was so annoying watching everyone un-box on release day last year. What I did notice on this forum was that the people who ordered directly from Apple seemed to be the first posting their new toys! So this year I ordered direct. I ordered an Apple woven case on the 13th for the 15 Pro and it arrived two days later. So I have that ready to go. Ordered at 2am Saturday morning 128gb Titanium Blue. Apple Store says "Preparing to ship" and arrives friday.

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
Zero further comms from Spark so far following the automated order confirmation.

ogh11

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Anyone know who will be delivering the Apple Store orders in Aus? From memory it was TNT, though I haven't done a launch day order in a few years!

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
Anyone know who will be delivering the Apple Store orders in Aus? From memory it was TNT, though I haven't done a launch day order in a few years!
I used to have TNT to New Zealand quite some years ago. As of late I think it's been DHL.

Not sure about what carrier they use internally in Australia though. I haven't seen an order (from any Australian store) come via TNT to NZ in quite some time.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
No idea sorry but we’re stuck on preparing to ship for the one that’s coming launch day and processing for the one coming between the 27th and 3rd of October.

Wonder how much longer before things change?

ogh11

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
No idea sorry but we’re stuck on preparing to ship for the one that’s coming launch day and processing for the one coming between the 27th and 3rd of October.

Wonder how much longer before things change?
Same here for launch day, stuck on preparing to ship - though my card was charged days ago, which usually means it's on the way.

From memory, sometime tonight they'll show up with a tracking number with a few days of history already... But I want to watch now!

Reactions: jackkkkkhhhhh

emenent

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2017
Hello everyone. Is anyone getting natural titanium 15 pro max on launch day with apple preorders?

andy2989

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2018
CleanShot 2023-09-20 at 13.12.13@2x.png

Just checked my AusPost app and noticed 2 new items listed I orders Max Pro and the AirPods

ogh11

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Damn it! We used our Amex offers and points along with a measly 5% off apple gift cards and now this offer comes out??

You can still get launch day pickup with JBHifi for almost all non-Max models...

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Same here for launch day, stuck on preparing to ship - though my card was charged days ago, which usually means it's on the way.

From memory, sometime tonight they'll show up with a tracking number with a few days of history already... But I want to watch now!
Looks like some people have finally gotten updates

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
You can still get launch day pickup with JBHifi for almost all non-Max models...
Nah my one is a Natural Titanium Pro max I ordered through Apple. I can't be bothered cancelling and then going to JB. I'll just uses this 15% off for something else lol

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
After Apple failed to release when they said they would, and Optus had shocking website issues on launch, I ended up ordering my Blue PM through JB (using giftcards at 3% off through Shopback).

This will be my first time ever collecting an iPhone, and I'm quite excited about it! My local store doesn't have much stock left, so there'll be loads of people turning up to collect their phones. I'm guessing that'll mean queue systems and much excitement.

PreOrderNoob32

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
The Apple store was unavailable for so long. I comitted to Spark, and then spent 3 hours trying to order via their webstore (constant crashing). Got up in the morning (Saturday) and got an order through at 7am. Have a confirmation email... but nothing since.
I pre ordered through spark on the Saturday, and I still haven’t received a confirmation email. Spoke to someone via the ‘chat’ function, and they told me that my order is “in progress and 100% confirmed” my first pre order and now I’m wondering when I will receive the iPhone. I ordered the iPhone 15 128GB in pink

Reactions: mr.sam

mmacrumor

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Sydney
NaTi pro max 256 pickup 22nd morning and getting another one, same config delivered between 27/9 - 3/10

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
I pre ordered through spark on the Saturday, and I still haven’t received a confirmation email. Spoke to someone via the ‘chat’ function, and they told me that my order is “in progress and 100% confirmed” my first pre order and now I’m wondering when I will receive the iPhone. I ordered the iPhone 15 128GB in pink
When I spoke to people on the chat system they refused to elaborate because I couldn’t prove my identity. They really weren’t helpful. Someone did eventually tell me they had Pro 256GB stock, but that was the extent of it.

I definitely got a confirmation email though immediately after ordering. “Thanks for your order, we are working on this right now. Here are your order details. If anything looks amiss, send us a message.”

PreOrderNoob32

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
When I spoke to people on the chat system they refused to elaborate because I couldn’t prove my identity. They really weren’t helpful. Someone did eventually tell me they had Pro 256GB stock, but that was the extent of it.

I definitely got a confirmation email though immediately after ordering. “Thanks for your order, we are working on this right now. Here are your order details. If anything looks amiss, send us a message.”
I still haven’t received a “Thanks for your order” email… getting quite worried now… are pre orders always this stressful??

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
I still haven’t received a “Thanks for your order” email… getting quite worried now… are pre orders always this stressful??
This is my first preorder and my first time with Spark.

I’ve got a little more comfort because I at least have the initial email. But otherwise in the same boat as you.

Will advise if I get any semblance of progress today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.