Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loudsilvereel

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
Auckland, NZ
15 pro max 256gb natural titanium just arrived 9.30am in Auckland

Attachments

• IMG_4120.jpeg
    IMG_4120.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 93

ogh11

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Pro 256 Blue just arrived in Australia.... Kinda tempted to swap it for the light colour? The Ti gets absolutely filthy immediately 😳

• Love
Reactions: PreOrderNoob32

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
I've had mine for a couple of hours. It says "Continue on Your Other iPhone" and my other iPhone says "Finish on New iPhone".

Has been like this for over an hour now. There is less than 100GB to transfer... so I'm confused as to what on earth it's doing.

Yokomo

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I've had mine for a couple of hours. It says "Continue on Your Other iPhone" and my other iPhone says "Finish on New iPhone".

Has been like this for over an hour now. There is less than 100GB to transfer... so I'm confused as to what on earth it's doing.
I bet you are using the cable that came with the iPhone?

Get an TB3 or TB4 cable it good faster.

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
I bet you are using the cable that came with the iPhone?

Get an TB3 or TB4 cable it good faster.
Nah, it's doing it wirelessly. 12->15 Pro. I would have thought it would take a great deal less time than it is. They really should have some sort of progress indicator, because if it's 10MB/s it may take a couple of hours. If it's any slower than that it's going to take a great deal longer...

Reactions: Yokomo

ogh11

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023

Mine did the same. I just cancelled after 2 hours and restarted and it did it in 5 minutes

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
Mine did the same. I just cancelled after 2 hours and restarted and it did it in 5 minutes
Mine is now stuck on the Software Update... no progress on the bar.

I'll give it a reboot and see if it helps.

mr.sam

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2023
Okay - I rebooted the device and you're correct it managed to do the initial transfer step within just a few minutes. That's really annoying, I've spent all day waiting for that screen to disappear.

Now I'm on a Software Update screen again that has zero indication of progress. Come on Apple :rolleyes:

iScone

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Pro 256 Blue just arrived in Australia.... Kinda tempted to swap it for the light colour? The Ti gets absolutely filthy immediately 😳

Fingerprint central, for sure. Not on the back, but the titanium is a magnet. It’s not something I’d sacrifice the blue for however. The blue is absolutely stunning.

jryan24

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
hello. is anyone from ONE NZ and haven’t received any updates whatsoever. the only communication i’ve had from them is the confirmation when i brought the phone. replies would be much appreciated

Winter_NZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
hello. is anyone from ONE NZ and haven’t received any updates whatsoever. the only communication i’ve had from them is the confirmation when i brought the phone. replies would be much appreciated
Nope, nothing for me either. I ordered on the 16th but they had an issue with my account so I think that's where mine was delayed. I did speak to someone and she was pretty confident there was another lot next week so I guess we'll see!

technolambo

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023

Nah, it's doing it wirelessly. 12->15 Pro. I would have thought it would take a great deal less time than it is. They really should have some sort of progress indicator, because if it's 10MB/s it may take a couple of hours. If it's any slower than that it's going to take a great deal longer...

Thought I'd chime in here since this is the only occurrence I can find on Google of this error state - I'm in the US and trying to transfer from a 12 Mini to 15 Pro. Same exact thing happened to me.

Started the transfer process, got thru carrier activation, and then got stuck on the "Continue on Your Other iPhone" / "Finish on New iPhone" status on the devices. After seeing this thread, I decided to exit setup on the old phone, which prompted the new phone to move on to the next step and give me the software update screen. I started the update to 17.0.2 and that finished pretty quickly. Finally, I was able to select to transfer my data from the old iPhone, and that's going now. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here on out.

Interceptor1373

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2023
Auckland
I’m loving my natural titanium. Was worried about any gold timges, but none that my eye could catch si far. Brushed look is so refined and I’ve no regrets going for this colour 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.