Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is my friend a

• Colossal idiot

Votes: 97 35.4%
  • Ballsy, stupid but ballsy

Votes: 87 31.8%
  • He’s the typical Apple user

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • I see nothing wrong with this

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • You’re telling me you don’t take your iPad pro in the bath with you ?

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • Apple has built these things like tanks, they can withstand anything

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • You should only ever use your Pro underwater

Votes: 19 6.9%

• Total voters

ElRojito

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2012
As long as he doesn't berate an Apple employee when it stops turning on or has some other "unexplained" issue; it's his iPad. He can do as he pleases.

edit: just read this part "He has also told me that parts of the iPad touch screen don’t register when touched and its getting slower, but blamed it on Apples poor components and quality control ( no word of a lie )"

He's an idiot.

twocents

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2016
California, USA
I had a friend in high school who really likes her Spotify playlists while she gets ready. This one time, she had the hot water running for a bath, but with the door shut the steam began to increase the humidity enough that when she was all through and going to get dressed, roughly half the iPad display looked dimmed at max brightness.

TLDR; Not just liquid water can damage your devices

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
>> I told him he was a fool because if he dropped it the chances of it operating correctly are slim

When it happens, it happens. No need to worry about something that hasn't happened.

Reactions: thv

DD88

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Wacom says hi
Wacoms are overpriced junk. Literally every graphic and digital artist I know who has had one have not even made them last a year. The Wacom MobileStudio Pro “16 being the biggest farce of them all as well and beyond ridiculous how expensive it is, something like £3500 for a small screen and outdated tech. People say Apple are bad with how much things cost but Wacom take the proverbial here. The only advantages are that the screen sizes are larger. If Apple did a dedicated tablet solely designed for artists they would sell like hot cakes, probably why I’m tempted to get a 14” pro because of the larger screen size and capabilities if they ever come to fruition

Last edited:

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I've seen too many movies where people in a tub have been done in by dropping electrical devices into the water.

The iPad Pro has a rather large battery. Although the risk of the iPad case failing is small, dropping batteries into water where you are doesn't seem to be a good idea.

JayAgostino

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2020
Massachusetts
Wacom says hi
In a bathtub? Are you serious?
M1 Macbook Airs have an even larger screen and are even cheaper.
Ah, so a device without a touchscreen? 🤦‍♂️
I would like to correct option number 3. It should be: “He’s a typical iPad user”.
To be fair, I don’t think that the “typical iPad user” is bringing their tablet into a bathtub.
Nah the M1 Macbook Air supports drinks better
Could you specify?
Why wouldn’t you bring it in the bathroom? Provides something to do in there
It’s completely susceptible to water damage.
It can be if you remove the keyboard side, permanently tape it to the back, and glue an espresso screen.
I’d like to see you actually do that… 🤣
Got you covered fam
And do you think the average individual is going to try doing that?
>> I told him he was a fool because if he dropped it the chances of it operating correctly are slim

When it happens, it happens. No need to worry about something that hasn't happened.
Their wallet almost certainly disagrees with that statement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.