Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is my friend a

• Colossal idiot

Votes: 97 35.4%
  • Ballsy, stupid but ballsy

Votes: 87 31.8%
  • He’s the typical Apple user

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • I see nothing wrong with this

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • You’re telling me you don’t take your iPad pro in the bath with you ?

Votes: 25 9.1%
  • Apple has built these things like tanks, they can withstand anything

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • You should only ever use your Pro underwater

Votes: 19 6.9%

• Total voters

Bananadetergent

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2022
My friend told me a while ago he takes his £1000 iPad Pro in the bath with him every night as he likes to catch up on social media and reply to messages, whilst in the tub…..
I told him he was a fool because if he dropped it the chances of it operating correctly are slim , not to mention the steam from the hot water could balls up the internals. I just don’t think iPads and water are designed to mix are they?
He has also told me that parts of the iPad touch screen don’t register when touched and its getting slower, but blamed it on Apples poor components and quality control ( no word of a lie )

Discuss
iPads never had ip68 or those things for protection, especially not water proof, like you wouldn’t take your pc or mac notebook into the showers with you for the same reason

Saturn007

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Maybe the friend doesn't care. He gets to bash Apple and if he deep-sixes it, he'll use that as an excuse to get a Samsung tablet.

Only one recommendation: don't ever lend your friend any of your tech or other gear!

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68040
Aug 6, 2022
I seldom take baths anymore and we got a Jacuzzi! When I used it, I loved listening to the stereo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.