Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
am I the only person who is bored with the attack of the HDR
No you are definitely not alone .. :(

Between HDR images and what appears to be an eagerly fought competition to see who can put the largest signature across their prints, I don't know which is worse.

There are lots of really good images submitted which I think are ruined by either or both of these two things.

I know people don't want their images used by someone else, that's understandable. But surely the way to avoid this is by making the images smaller and at a lower resolution rather than placing a not very tasteful signature across the image. There are a few MR members who do have a small tasteful signature.
IMO this is one case where big is definitely not best .. :(

PS
Most of the HDR images and "mine is bigger than your's'" signature competition relates more to images posted on the "Photo of the day" thread.

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
Any input on this would be appreciated.

I took it at the 2008 Merrie Monarch in Hilo, Hawaii. I did a little work in Aperture, mostly to crop and remove 2 areas of flare. I also removed a highlight on the dancer's cheek and a few marks on the skirts.

No HDR done.

Attachments

• Golden Pavillion  110.jpg
    Golden Pavillion 110.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 140

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
This is the original.

Just for sake of comparison. Sometimes it helps me to look at the before and after when thinking about other people's photos. Hope it helps you all.

Attachments

• Golden Pavillion  113.jpg
    Golden Pavillion 113.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 127
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.