Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Lambing time in the Pennines...

lambsqi1.jpg

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Right well I had to have a go at this tilt-shift thing...
Here are some model cars outside our house.

Really like the effects of all the tilt-shift pictures that have been posted over the last few days. Took me a while to work out they were of real places, boats, cars and the whitehouse. They have a feel of a model village about them.

EDIT - OK my brain hurts, some of the tilt-shift pictures are of model villages other are not, is that right?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Really like the effects of all the tilt-shift pictures that have been posted over the last few days. Took me a while to work out they were of real places, boats, cars and the whitehouse. They have a feel of a model village about them.

At the risk of upsetting everybody, I find the tilt/shift technique quickly goes from "Wow!" to "Yeah, OK". It's intriguing to see a scene transformed into something that resembles the kind of model railway layout I made when I was a kid. But once you've seen a few, the magic fades fast...

Just my two-pennorth... :)

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Excellent pictures, just shows that you don't have to be over the subject to get the tilt/shift style.

Thanks! i can't wait to go back to DC this weekend to get more!!

Right well I had to have a go at this tilt-shift thing...
Here are some model cars outside our house.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/2440733332_b9fdf9f3e3_b.jpg

Very nice! I love the model car look...Tilt/Shift works so amazingly well with Trains too!!

EDIT - OK my brain hurts, some of the tilt-shift pictures are of model villages other are not, is that right?

No they are pictures taken of real landmarks and cars and such...It blows my mind too haha:p

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
The tilt-shift stuff is insanely amusing. I NEED a lens....

Anyway, here's mine for today. Taken at the Hoover Dam, Nevada just a few days ago with my D70s and its kit lens:

dsc2020yn3.jpg

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
At the risk of upsetting everybody, I find the tilt/shift technique quickly goes from "Wow!" to "Yeah, OK". It's intriguing to see a scene transformed into something that resembles the kind of model railway layout I made when I was a kid. But once you've seen a few, the magic fades fast...

Just my two-pennorth... :)

I agree. By the way, that picture with the 2 sheep rock and rolls!

Jan 30, 2006
I absolutly love that picture.

Thanks for the nice comment, it makes me want to start taking photos of flowers again.

This is a bird I saw out of my window, I wasn't able to focus correctly, so pardon the softness of the photo.:eek:

Nikon D40x
Nikkor 80-200

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006

Though I like the composition and lighting, the model seems rather tense (mouth & jaw-line). The way she's leaning on her knees makes her legs look as if they're not quite part of her (they're vertical, like fence posts).

Does this make any sense? :)

Great shot! So much energy... and the guy in the yellow T-shirt seems to be considering his options... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.