Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
If it's driven by a city yuppie that's too lazy to walk, I agree. On the other had if it's the local vet on his way to visit one of your models it's a different story.
It's difficult to tell from this photo...

It was a family on holiday. The dad wanted to impress his family with the car's ability to take water hazards in its stride. This is as far as he got. :)

Family not impressed...

bld44

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2007
DSC_0814B.jpg

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Quoted Images

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the post in question you can always press the
viewpost.gif
button
and it will take you there. Or you can convert the [img] tags into [url] tags this will leave a link to the picture.

Over 1/5 or 20%* of this thread has had posts that quote images

*extrapolated.

saxondale.

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
England/China
2443459186_51fa2dd1d0.jpg

They are sick, they are poor
And they die by the thousands and we look away
They are wolves at the door
And they're not gonna move us or get in our way

'Cause we don't have the time
Here at the top of the world
Feeling alright

We hold our own by keeping our hearts cold

Different god, darker skin
They are just not a burden that we'd like to bear
They are living in "sin"
There are so many reasons for us not to care

But I'm feeling alright
Doing just fine

We've learned money matters most
So we keep our cards held close

We hold our own by keeping our hearts cold
And we've learned what matters most
So we keep our hearts cold

They are no one
They are nowhere
They are not our problem
Not worth saving
Nonexistent if we keep our hearts cold

They are no one
They are nowhere
Model: Canon EOS 40D
Shutter Speed: 1/128 second
F Number: F/6.3
Focal Length: 45 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Date Picture Taken: Apr 26, 2008

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Quoted Images

Please refrain from quoting images. If you want to see the post in question you can always press the
viewpost.gif
button
and it will take you there. Or you can convert the [img] tags into [url] tags this will leave a link to the picture.

Over 1/5 or 20%* of this thread has had posts that quote images

*extrapolated.

Can the moderators please make up their minds. First we were told to quote image using timg, now you tell us it's no longer allowed ( perhaps a too strong word, can't think of anything else). I like to see the smaller images with a reply. This is a photothread, so it's nice to see which photo someone is referring too.
Anyhow, just my opinion.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Can the moderators please make up their minds. First we were told to quote image using timg, now you tell us it's no longer allowed ( perhaps a too strong word, can't think of anything else). I like to see the smaller images with a reply. This is a photothread, so it's nice to see which photo someone is referring too.
Anyhow, just my opinion.

Me too. I don't understand what the problem is. Can someone explain, please, exactly why quoting pix is wrong. This is, after all, a photo thread. If we can't 'call up' a pic, when offering a comment, then there's little point in posting at all.

I learned how to convert to [img], so the referenced pic is always a thumbnail. If everyone used [img], wouldn't this be more helpful?

Anyway, I'm going to carry on quoting thumbnails; if that gets me banned from the forum, so be it...

vixapphire

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2002
Los Angeles
The tilt-shift stuff is insanely amusing. I NEED a lens....

Anyway, here's mine for today. Taken at the Hoover Dam, Nevada just a few days ago with my D70s and its kit lens:

Hoover Dam is incredible. Do you have any more photos from your trip? I have a really cool NOS postcard from way back featuring the statue with the plaque. Linen, hand tinted cartoonish image. Apart from the traffic, I loved stopping at Hoover Dam to check out all the features. What an awesome place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.