Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
This one is from Christmastime.
3205706388_da118e4906_b.jpg

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
What is the mist-like stuff in this photo?

I like this! Very mysterious and unknown. I'll take a guess, smoke from a campfire? :p

Would you believe it's a ghost climbing a tree?? ;) :D

Ok Last shot in the series. This is by far my favorite shot. Let me know what you think!

Definitely more interesting than the others. I think I would crop it to the mouth only because her eyes compete with the lego figure.

And now for something completely different:

WeathervaneOnBlue.jpg

OK, full disclosure: there was a vent in the ground near the tree, and steam was coming out of it.

joe.cavers

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
Are there any rules to these threads?

Phrasikleia: A vent is the last thing I would've thought that was, given that it's next to a tree.

JC

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Are there any rules to these threads?

Phrasikleia: A vent is the last thing I would've thought that was, given that it's next to a tree.

JC

I think the only rule in this thread is "one per day." (Aside from general MR site rules, of course.)

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to find the vent. I've passed through that grove of redwood trees many times and had never noticed it before. It looked completely surreal, so I plopped down the tripod and went at it.

joe.cavers

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
Cool, well in that case, here's one I did yesterday.

3398458535_f2dcff9f9c_b.jpg

A photo of MY camera, taken with my dad's Lumix DMC FZ18. I was trying to weight the picture to the left to make it feel like the right hand side was drawing the viewer in. I don't know if I was successful but I like it anyway :)

JC

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
The bokeh's always greener on the other side.

Just a fun shot, not attempting for any deep or emotional captures :)

IMG36821_resized.png

Unii

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Here's a photo of my awesomely cute dog.

IMG_0042.jpg

She had just had a haircut, which usually makes her look like a little lamb, but she looked a lot better then usual after this trim.

nicovereecken

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2007
Hello everybody,

Here's my shot for this month! A Black Mangabey seen at the Zoological Garden of Kinshasa, in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Africa).

What do you think? :)

Nico

dsc0005b.jpg

seattle

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Here's a photo of my awesomely cute dog.

IMG_0042.jpg

She had just had a haircut, which usually makes her look like a little lamb, but she looked a lot better then usual after this trim.

Is she a Havanese?

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland

A slightly gloomy looking shot for the start of this month !
I would like to say that this shot was preplanned, that I had wanted to demonstrate the contrasts in the way's we celebrate Life, Death, Birth, and also if your that way inclined Spiritual Rebirth. In reality I was killing time in Glasgow so I walked to the top of the Necropolis looked out over the Cathedral and the Royal Infirmary, seen the moody sky and thought "Hmm could be a nice shot" and clicked ;)

I love these picture of the day threads here, although every month I start out by saying " I'm going to post a picture a day in the picture a day thread" then life intervenes and I'm not on for a fortnight :(

joelypolly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
Bay Area

From Shanghai, China. This is a very from a largish park in the middle of the city surrounded by many buildings. It is very rare to see the blue sky in Shanghai for those that take blue skies for granted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.