Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
2167a0b3facaa14f26ffc79b7b4d3a63.jpg

Climbing the Skiddaw peak.

kgphotos

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2017
Nearly fell running up the stairs last night trying to capture this amazing shade of red before it disappeared

DSCF9356.jpg by Ken OHagan, on Flickr

Beautiful capture of the moon.

How do you stop your lens misting up in there as the one I was at last time was so humid it was like.I was using a mist filter!

LOL! I know what you mean. They can get warm especially if you are in the sun. I move around as to not get to hot. Once place I go to is very large and has a room where it is a tiny bit cooler and you can sit and watch the butterflies fly all around. This photo was taken outdoors. When I do visit butterfly places indoors, I plan my visits when it is sunny, as butterflies like the sun, so if it is cloudy they don't seem to fly as much, not too humid outside and not many kids- early morning or during school or camp. The places I visit in my area, the temps are usually kept at around 80 degrees. I know because I call ahead because I have respiratory issues where I shouldn't be outside or inside places with high humidity. It does get warm after a while being at these places. If my lenses do fog, up I just wipe them down. Haven't had an issue so far.

Reactions: kenoh

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
A photo from work of the students hard at work in chem lab. This particular experiment was analyzing the ethanol content of gasoline by gas chromatography.

This is a roll of film "hot off the presses"-the first production run of the reintroduced Kodak TMAX P3200(TMZ). I was a bit surprised to see this film come back, but none the less it's out there. I pre-ordered 5 rolls from B&H, and they shipped toward the end of March. B&H sold out in about a week. I've been working through a frozen roll of the old stuff, but don't expect much. I also have a roll of Delta 3200 loaded to try, but haven't shot any of it yet. I'm only just now getting around to developing the first roll I shot.

Just as I remembered from when I use to shoot this film, it's quite contrasty and also VERY grainy. This is a weird film in that it does not meet the technical definition of an ASA 3200(ISO 3200/36º film). Ilford Delta 3200 is the same way. Instead, TMZ is ASA 800 or so(Delta I think is ASA 1000) but are designed to be push processed. The data sheet for TMZ gives conditions for up to 12,600. The cans are DX coded for ASA 3200, though.

I shot this at EI 3200 and developed for 12 minutes in TMAX developer diluted 1:5. TMAX is not one of my favorite developers, but there are times when it comes into its own and this is one of them. Back in the day, when I needed a high speed film to use for photographs in the school newspaper, I used Tri-X at EI 3200 and it looked as good as this specialty film in half tone for half the cost. Back then, I used D76 for everything as opposed to using D76 for most things now :) . TMAX developer does tame both the grain and the contrast vs. D76 at these high EIs. It also helps that it cuts the processing time.

So, anyway, here's a shot from my first roll. This was shot in a Nikon F2 Photomic. I actually used the nifty little Nikkor 45mm f/2.8 GN lens. I'm use to using 1/125 and f/2 in this room with Tri-X at EI 400-this got me up to f/8. It was nice to have some DOF for a change. The old stock roll I have loaded now is in my F2sb with a 55mm f/1.2 Nikkor for some real low light fun.

This film won't be completely replacing digital for me for low light work, but it does have a certain "raw" and "gritty" personality that I like. It doesn't really look like a T grain film to me in the scans I'm working on-it has the same sort of "feel" as Tri-X pushed a stop or so.

frame 1ed-web.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Washing machine? I just put them in a basket in the corner of the room and then the clothes fairy putts them away!
A distant 'friend' 'washed' his socks by throwing them on a pile and take a 'clean' pair from the bottom of the pile the next day.
oh, the horror, the smell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.