Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weazle1098

macrumors regular
Windmill of Doom

2804457042_7eb433203d_b.jpg

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
OK, thanks. I thought you were talking about some kind of in-camera setting, not PP.

By the way, the BW conversion works really well on that photo. The documentary feel adds a level of interest that probably wouldn't be there otherwise.

thank you :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Great shot Sonor I love the sunlit web on your photo, I had a wee shot at some spiders today too.

2808593027_d8b122c532_b.jpg

I usually shiver even when I look at macro shots of spiders, but the colors in the background here are just amazing! Great work.

I went out to mess around with my new little P&S and came back with this (and sand in my shorts)...not technically the best sunset shot I've ever taken, but the camera handled it quite well. I was impressed.
f/4.8 @ 1/160

Attachments

• STA_0327.jpg
    STA_0327.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 118

GT41

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I'm gonna go against the 1 photo per day rule and post 2 of the same flower. What do you guys think, bug or no bug?

Attachments

• _MG_5624.jpg
    _MG_5624.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 110
  • _MG_5628.jpg
    _MG_5628.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 103

jstegman

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2008
I'm gonna go against the 1 photo per day rule and post 2 of the same flower. What do you guys think, bug or no bug?

Well, if you want a newbies advice, without bug. I thought the bug would add an interesting element to the picture but when I looked at it full size that type of bug, a beetle it looks like, immediately looked wrong with the rose. It just said PS to me. Like I said, I am new and just giving you a perspective of what the common person might see. Those that are more educated and have sharper eyes for photography would no doubt give you better critiquing.

I think it may have looked better with a different angle of the bug too, like a side or front shot.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Another classic photo. I'm glad you made it to Arran, I wish I'd know you'd be up this way as you can see Arran from my window.

Thanks, Steamie. The Arran trip was just on a whim; luckily we had three days of great weather in an otherwise gloomy August. Very lucky.

It was like going back in time (in the best possible sense)... not least because everyone we met was ridiculously friendly. I'll be back... maybe in the spring, when the wildflowers will be out.

Lochranza, Arran

arran21ih9.jpg

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
a lake, some boats and the other side
small16uk7.jpg

Nikon D40, 30mm

This one was taken a day after my last posted one.
It probably doesn't look that great here, but it looks very nice if printed big, even with the dead space on the bottom.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
srf4real I like your newer shots a bit more since you have ventured out in the water. I feel like I'm joining in and not watching :D (wish I were).

Doylem Wonderful as always!

These flowers only seem to last a few days and only hang around my fence making a nice shot somewhat challenging :cool:

Attachments

• Purple Love.jpg
    Purple Love.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 94

.mark.

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Jersey, C.I.
first time poster, long time reader! gorgeous sunset yesterday...

C&C welcomed and appreciated. Like I said this is my first submission to the thread. I'm currently shooting with a G9 that I bought a few months back when I started getting into photography. I think a dSLR is going to be bought soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 115

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
Thanks for the comments about my wind turbine shot (and, yes, Fuzzy14, these are the ones you see from the motorway near Tebay). It was just a 'grabbed' shot, when the sun came out for a few seconds... a good enough reason to have the camera in the car even when the weather looks unpromising. Round here it can change very quickly...

barnby3.jpg

GORGEOUS capture, LOVING the (tractor) tracks in the middle........... where is this place Tebay?? I'd book a flight right now to sit and contemplate this in person.......

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
my attempt at photography....

I do not have professional equipment, but still I try to capture nice shots...

This was in Mexico City. Wish the lady wasn't in my frame but the place was CROWDED

fotosdezahira085.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.