Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalfrog

Suspended
Nov 26, 2007
2794969879_78209a0400_o.jpg

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka

Oxford Circus Underground, 25/08/08 23:00.

You'd have thought London would be busier at 11pm on a Bank Holiday Monday :rolleyes:

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
MasterGardeners_FireBlue.jpg

Just started up my new photography blog. :D Check it out for larger images. Here is one of my favorites. Comments are more than welcome either here or on my blog.

-Eric
http://www.ezdigitalworld.blogspot.com

Man, I visited your blog, and god, I LOVE your work.

Honestly, you have a "dark/somber side" that attracts me a lot while at the same time there's always a "light" element in the pictures. For example this one..... I'M IN LOVE WITH IT:

Cog_RR_022.jpg

very obscure but interesting.

care to share the technique you use? I just bought my first dslr and these are the type of picture I'm more interested in taking.

I also dug these:

BW_RingBoltAndStone.jpg

BW_BoltAndStone.jpg

For some reason I can't post the pic

The pics are:

the two pics in the metal meets stone entry, and the last one in the Railroad in the Sky entry.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
One person's opinion

I have been driving past this sign for a couple of weeks and finally stopped to snap a a quick shot... I knew someone had added their own comments to the sign. and well I aggree

f5.6 1/125, ISO 160, 32mm, 48mm effective in 35mm film
Nikon D80

Attachments

• Ted-Must-Go-DSC_1483.jpg
    Ted-Must-Go-DSC_1483.jpg
    777.4 KB · Views: 98

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

This shot really works for me... in a 'wish I was there' kind of way...

Been away for a few days, including a trip to Arran, one of the Scottish islands. Never been there before... and it was beoooootiful. I'll definitely be going back. It was a holiday, so photography wasn't my only motivation, for once, but I still took plenty of pix. Yes, I know, it was a long way to go... to shoot a puddle, but what the hell... :)

pooltv1.jpg

MiniLifeCrisis

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Man, I visited your blog, and god, I LOVE your work.

Honestly, you have a "dark/somber side" that attracts me a lot while at the same time there's always a "light" element in the pictures. For example this one..... I'M IN LOVE WITH IT:

very obscure but interesting.

care to share the technique you use? I just bought my first dslr and these are the type of picture I'm more interested in taking.

I started using the RAW format on my camera. I highly recommend switching to a RAW over JPG. The lighting was also just right (bright sun) to make the colors more vibrant.

BTW, thanks for the complements!!:D

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Ok, last chuckwagon photo. I was on the lead the wagon when this crash happened and I heard the crowd react so I quickly snapped the photo. I was very surprised that no one or horse was hurt.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
This shot really works for me... in a 'wish I was there' kind of way...

Been away for a few days, including a trip to Arran, one of the Scottish islands. Never been there before... and it was beoooootiful. I'll definitely be going back. It was a holiday, so photography wasn't my only motivation, for once, but I still took plenty of pix. Yes, I know, it was a long way to go... to shoot a puddle, but what the hell... :)

pooltv1.jpg

Another classic photo. I'm glad you made it to Arran, I wish I'd know you'd be up this way as you can see Arran from my window.

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Cute as a baby bug's behind :p

(Pictures of small children at play are always their own reward.)

That they are, I ended up taking almost 200 photos this one day. I love both my daughters equally of course, but for whatever reason the younger seems to be just a bit more photogenic. Maybe its the age.

I've never liked birds much and couldn't understand how/why people like bird watching. Then I got my new camera and went on a safari. Wow whole new appreciation for how cool it can be to ID birds and photgraph them. So after I get this new found appreciation my mom gets a bird feeder. Now I have an unlimited number of test subjects. What fun!
Nikon D300
200mm wih 18-200 DX
f5.6 at 1/400
ISO probably 400 not sure right now.

Attachments

• Birdfeeder-small.JPG
    Birdfeeder-small.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 92

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Here's a shot of a pelican taking off from the sea.

I took this during my vacation to Bald Head Island, North Carolina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.