Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
Bought myself a nice new Macros lens. Tamron 90mm 2.8, really love it so far.
2786628967_6a9fb6a080.jpg

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
This is not the greatest photo - but it is lucky. My Father-in-law told me what I was seeing tonight wasn't bats but was birds.

I went into the house picked up my camera (70-300mm zoom attached) - set the zoom to 70mm - took a guess at the focus (manual obviously) - opened the flash. Waited for a bat to fly past me and ........ I took one picture and one picture only.

Attachments

• Bat.JPG
    Bat.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 131

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
:):):)

Sport shoes supplier in china that can supply worldwide.

We have a great prices and authentic shoes and guarantee shipping about within 4-7days. Thanks for your reading

We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.

Gmail: tradersshoes@Gmail
MSN : tradersshoes @hotmail.com
Best regards!

WHAT THE HELL?

nice shot steamie -- whenever i'm stalking bees they're always ass up and head in the flower ...

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
You may remember the poster I did for the Mini Chuckwagon Championships. While I was asked to be the official photographer, really it was my first time doing any sports photography. There are more on my flickr page.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
HDR from three RAWs. It didn't need much more range, but I gave it +1, 0, and -1.

Fay cured our drought down here and filled up this tiny reservoir that was bone dry less than a week ago.

dam1HDR.jpg

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I have that lens(24-70) but am thinking of getting the 70-200 f/4 non is. How do you like it?

I love it, but I wish I would have gotten the F2.8 version. When you consider the fact that it comes with the tripod mount ring ($150), the prices aren't too far apart considering the wider aperture as well. But I only use the 70-200 indoors on a tripod so not that big of a deal.

If you get the non-IS, make sure you have steady hands or prepare to bump the ISO up a bit, unless it's a really sunny day. But you can't beat the price on that lens.

Maldini

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Riyadh
HDR from three RAWs. It didn't need much more range, but I gave it +1, 0, and -1.

Fay cured our drought down here and filled up this tiny reservoir that was bone dry less than a week ago.

Nice shot...how did you achieve the water blur...did you use a filter...or was it a little dark to take a long exposure ?

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Nice shot...how did you achieve the water blur...did you use a filter...or was it a little dark to take a long exposure ?

ND8 filter, for 3 extra stops. :) It was pretty shady, but not enough for an exposure like this without a filter on front.
Thanks!

PS: I think the times were 5, 10, and 20 seconds. Around f/16.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.