Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maldini

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Riyadh
This is my first HDR attempt using the trial version of Photomatix :)

2410785289_33323fcf25_b.jpg

I've seached all over the net to find out how to make an HDR from a single RAW image but i didnt find anything... Is it actually possible?

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Yes, I should remove the spider web from the lily, and will do so at another time.

Attachments

• Daisy082008.jpg
    Daisy082008.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 73
  • BestLiliies081808d.jpg
    BestLiliies081808d.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 72

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
I've seached all over the net to find out how to make an HDR from a single RAW image but i didnt find anything... Is it actually possible?

Im knew to HDR but I think you can use one RAW picture to create a HDR photo, by going into an editor and changing the exposure on the photo and make several copies all different exposures then put them into photomatix.

Ive tried with some interesting results but real HDR photos always seem to come out better somehow.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Im knew to HDR but I think you can use one RAW picture to create a HDR photo, by going into an editor and changing the exposure on the photo and make several copies all different exposures then put them into photomatix.

No.
Open Photomatix.
Go to File/Open and open your RAW image file.
It'll open it and say "Your RAW file has been converted into a pseudo-HDR image."
Click on Tone Mapping and proceed normally.
:)

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
No.
Open Photomatix.
It'll open it and say "Your RAW file has been converted into a pseudo-HDR image."

Yeah do that that sound much easier. :eek:

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
This is my first HDR attempt using the trial version of Photomatix :)

This should help a few of you out as it also gives some great links :D
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/401234/

Morning Bunny…this little one keeps playing with fate or as I know her, my dog. This bunny has gotten pounced on more times in the last two weeks and not a scratch that I can see. And they say cats have nine lives :cool:

Attachments

• Bunny2.jpg
    Bunny2.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 92

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
Lady and beer

Nikon D40, 30mm

She had one empty can behind her and one she was working on to her right.

PNW

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Our sunflowers are out and the bees are happy
(though they still seem to prefer the oregano)

Attachments

• sun_flower_sm.jpg
    sun_flower_sm.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 69
  • proto_honey_sm.jpg
    proto_honey_sm.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 65

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
The place looks really cool, but somehow the picture leaves me feeling kinda bored. I'd be interested to see some other's ideas on how this picture could be made to really stand out.

Thanks for your critique! You're right. It's boring. I now realise how hard it is to get a decent photo of a cave.

ismoker

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2008
wow what a great art gallery!

can i sneak in..?it's just taken with my camera that usually used to take my selfy...:p

Attachments

• me_16.jpg
    me_16.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 98

Maldini

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Riyadh
No.
Open Photomatix.

Yeah do that that sound much easier. :eek:

This should help a few of you out as it also gives some great links :D
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/401234/

Morning Bunny…this little one keeps playing with fate or as I know her, my dog. This bunny has gotten pounced on more times in the last two weeks and not a scratch that I can see. And they say cats have nine lives :cool:

Maldini nice picture ! :cool:

Thanks a lot for your help... that's why i love this forum :)
I have a couple of neat RAW files that would look great in HDR.. Hopefully i can manage to convert them.

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Thanks a lot for your help... that's why i love this forum :)
I have a couple of neat RAW files that would look great in HDR.. Hopefully i can manage to convert them.

Yeah I love this forum also because of that, Let us see what you come up with. Im thinking of going out tonight to take some as well, still using the trial version of photomatix too. Love HDR photos!

icetyu

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2007
Photo of my friend's baby.

Nikon D60
Nikon 105mm f/2.8

Attachments

• DSC_0107.jpg
    DSC_0107.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.