Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
I am a golfer, and though I like the perspective of this photo, I find it very lacking. You cannot tell you are on a golf course or a golf cart. I would have maybe put the green in view or something.

ya i took a few at different places on the course but most were just me plaing around. this was the best out of the ones i took. and it wasnt exactly a "pretty" golf course haha.

thanks for the comment though :D

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Lily08-03-08.jpg

Lilies07-30-08.jpg

Three and one-half amigos
TresAmigos.jpg

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Old and New

D700
50 1.4
1/200
f8
ISO 3200
Natural light

Click for large size

Nice to see that the d700 handles noise VERY well. I am a bit confused, though, as to why you even shot at ISO 3200 since you were stopped down to f/8 and at 1/200th... You're shooting indoors in natural light with a 50 1.4, why not take advantage of that? ISO is usually the LAST thing I want to touch.

ec51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
img3729sk4.jpg

Hey guys...

This is one of my more favorite pictures I have taken. I only edited with Aperture a little bit, some shadowing and some balance. I really have NO idea what I am doing with the editing and I still need to read/learn a lot!!

Please comment and any advice on editing is welcome!

Thanks!! Great pictures everyone....

Central Park, NYC

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
Heres a picture I took the other night at a fireworks display.
I had just inherited a Canon EOS 400D and a set on lenses from my late uncle. Im new to the SLR scene so basically I had to go from using basic point and shoot cameras to using a complex SLR within a day! So I'm pretty pleased with this picture.

shutter: 2 seconds (This allowed me to capture multiple explosions)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 34mm
ISO:100

Any tips on settings would be gladly accepted as Im new to this.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

agbot

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Silicon Valley
kona.jpg

D200, f/5.0, 1/100 exposure, ISO 400. Didn't actually plan it that way (or any particular way since I'm still trying to improve my skills with this camera) but my subject isn't good at holding that pose so I had to shoot quickly. :)

polar-blair

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
LOL, Is he yawning? looks like he ate something nasty or he wants to suck your blood :p, Good picture.

FastEddy

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2007
North Californie
Butterflies, bunnies, bridges, beaches, brides and buildings ... The August collection is off to a great start = Keep up the post = this is my favorite web blog. :cool:

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007
That is simply a gorgeous photo. Well done.

Thank you!

Heres a picture I took the other night at a fireworks display.
I had just inherited a Canon EOS 400D and a set on lenses from my late uncle. Im new to the SLR scene so basically I had to go from using basic point and shoot cameras to using a complex SLR within a day! So I'm pretty pleased with this picture.

shutter: 2 seconds (This allowed me to capture multiple explosions)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 34mm
ISO:100

Any tips on settings would be gladly accepted as Im new to this.

I think you did very well. Those are some of the best fireworks shots I've seen. I tried it once but was disgusted with my results.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

Just playing some pinball. I have decided to challenge myself after reading an article on Liam Frankland (http://liamfrankland.com/blog/) who has a project called "this and that" where he shoots everything at 50mm F/1.8. The idea behind the project began as as a way to recapture his "photographic spirit" as he has progressed more towards landscape photography. Basically, when he was younger, he would shoot anything and everything without giving much thought to what he was shooting, and now, by setting some rules (50mm, F/1.8), this style of photography now has a creative purpose. He chose 50mm and F/1.8 because, and I agree, he feels it's his most creative lens as it "reveals elements that are very unique to photography."

This inspired me to try this out. I feel my story is very similar too, as I used to shoot just anything without a thought, only really to document where I was or what I was doing. Then I fell in love with landscape photograph where I could express my love for the outdoors in a creative way... So now it's time to give those shots a purpose again by trying something new! Thanks to DC Mag for the article

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I want to post a photo using photobucket instead of my usual attachment that ends up as a thumbnail you have to click, but I'm afraid that the size will force windows to be huge. Is there a way to limit how large the picture appears?
Thanks

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
I want to post a photo using photobucket instead of my usual attachment that ends up as a thumbnail you have to click, but I'm afraid that the size will force windows to be huge. Is there a way to limit how large the picture appears?
Thanks
You may be able to edit the photo at Photobucket so that it's 765 pixels (horizontally for horizontal photos) x whatever number of pixels (from 400 to 550 pixel) that is proportional to 765 pixels. I never store full size photos at any place on the Internet. What I do is to scale then with Graphic Converter, since this application has a real nice scaler. I enter the horizontal pixels as mentioned above, and GC automatically matches things up to maintain the photo's proportions. I save the photos for "Web" display at approximately 100KB size, and then upload to photobucket. If the photos are stolen online, the thief is stealing a somewhat low-grade copy of the original. When I post them here, they look like these ones in size.
LeavesA.jpg

BerriesB.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.