Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2004
Jenn, afternoon in May.
Powershot S2 IS.

Attachments

• Jenn.jpg
    Jenn.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 98

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerz
Heres another one of my wildlife shots. This here is a bobcat, rarely seen by humans apparently, so I guess I was lucky. It even posed for me
shouldnt you have RUN???wont it eat you or maul you or something lol

I guess I should have lol.

But really, this thing was a little bigger than your average cat, so not really concerned there ;)

And another one for the day. I know it looks a little to over-processed.

BeachSunset.jpg

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
Thanks so much for the kind words Carl! Your post caps off nicely what has been a pretty enjoyable day on my end over here (just creeping up past 7pm here though... ;) ).

The dramatic perspective works in a great way here; almost as if the building
is a living thing, striking a pose for you - as if the small 'tower' is saying
'Hang on, just let me lean back that little bit more, it'll look very striking!'

I love that dramatic perspective an ultra-wide lens provides. Of course many don't care for the barrel aberration seen on the tower at the right, but I've found that at times the aberration can be the photographer's friend in adding drama to the scene. Though just as a disclaimer, I have had a few wide angles where the aberration detracted more than it added.

RE: desktop images ... hell, that would be great, actually. :) Here and there I'll sell a print or two, but if I was more of a businessman I'd be more ambitious about the marketing end of my photography addiction. :eek:

Random tidbit relating to England - as you know I love to do cityscape/urban photos. I've had a nightmare at least twice that I was running around London lost with my camera, desperately trying to find the fantastic urbanism and architecture of the City, but in the dreams I could not find it, even though I know it has to be somewhere. :rolleyes: :)

Merry Christmas to you as well, Carl! :)

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Thanks so much for the kind words Carl! Your post caps off nicely what has been a pretty enjoyable day on my end over here (just creeping up past 7pm here though... ;) ).

I love that dramatic perspective an ultra-wide lens provides. Of course many don't care for the barrel aberration seen on the tower at the right, but I've found that at times the aberration can be the photographer's friend in adding drama to the scene. Though just as a disclaimer, I have had a few wide angles where the aberration detracted more than it added.

RE: desktop images ... hell, that would be great, actually. :) Here and there I'll sell a print or two, but if I was more of a businessman I'd be more ambitious about the marketing end of my photography addiction. :eek:

Random tidbit relating to England - as you know I love to do cityscape/urban photos. I've had a nightmare at least twice that I was running around London lost with my camera, desperately trying to find the fantastic urbanism and architecture of the City, but in the dreams I could not find it, even though I know it has to be somewhere. :rolleyes: :)

Merry Christmas to you as well, Carl! :)

Hey, what about me, I said you picture was nice too! No merry Christmas to me?:p lol

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
And Merry Christmas to you! ;)

...sorry, ya posted while I was typing. :)

Damn this year went fast, it feels like it should be late summer still. I guess that happens because the year didn't suck very much for me. :rolleyes:

bob3

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2006
usa
Obligatory wintery picture.

We haven't had much cold weather the past few years, so everybody got
excited when the trees became white. I've never seen so much photographers
in our local forest.

canon 30d, 1/1250s f/1.8 ISO250 85mm

nice shot oblomow, I like the DOF and color.:)

Jeremy!

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2007
I like the extreme focus of the player's gaze intent on shooting the puck. All around is a blur of movement and action, which adds to the intensity of his concentration. IMO

Hockey has to be one of the hardest sports to capture, very fast and almost always lousy arena lighting. That coupled with shooting through either dirty glass or net makes for some real challenges. You can crank up the ISO, but then you get a lot of noise, and the detail of faces are obscured even further.

Lots of great shots posted in this thread! To everyone here keep up the great work!

Merry Christmas!:)

Attachments

• Hockey3.jpg
    Hockey3.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 95

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
2136532000_05a5067acc_b.jpg

My first "real" picture I've ever taken. Received my Rebel XT today and was dying to try HDR. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm proud of my first shot. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.