Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
finally got out to shoot again. beautiful christmas light...
kerst20090054.jpg

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Thanks, I use the automerge in Photoshop CS4 for that..
I am still learning the whole panorama thing and I will do a revised version of this since the left of the picture is uninteresting.

This is 3 frames only so its not quite "huge" but I am getting an oldschool 17mm prime for my 5D next week perfecto optics so then I should get REAL width. this image was 3 frames @28mm :)
What did you use to shoot your pano?

//F

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Doylem, thank you so much for the response. Answered several of my follow up questions as well. I think my main issue is using to many variables, unsure what I want from the camera I have a tendency to adjust to much to often.

As far as white balance do you then shoot on auto and adjust to 'taste' on the computer? Do you try and take a test shot to normalize the shots in post processing? I guess I wonder because every one of your shots the colors are always so rich, deep and true.

Yes, I tend to shoot with auto white balance (and always RAW, never jpeg)... and make further adjustments if needed. There's nothing very 'scientific' about the way I shoot. A lot of the time I bracket a few shots, to make sure one is exposed about right (snow can be difficult to expose for, IMO)...

Saltonstall...

saltonstall.jpg

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Thanks, I use the automerge in Photoshop CS4 for that..
I am still learning the whole panorama thing and I will do a revised version of this since the left of the picture is uninteresting.

This is 3 frames only so its not quite "huge" but I am getting an oldschool 17mm prime for my 5D next week perfecto optics so then I should get REAL width. this image was 3 frames @28mm :)
What did you use to shoot your pano?

//F

One useful tip (which you may be doing already) is to tilt your camera to portrait rather than landscape (turn your camera 90 degrees, not a mode on the camera!). This way you can way more vertical pixels. I've been doing it for awhile and it makes the photos even better.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
Thanks, i have done it before but not on this shot... we will see how my next one turns out with a 17mm :d

One useful tip (which you may be doing already) is to tilt your camera to portrait rather than landscape (turn your camera 90 degrees, not a mode on the camera!). This way you can way more vertical pixels. I've been doing it for awhile and it makes the photos even better.

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Boy i've been lurking off and on for quite a while, starting my New Year's resolution early to shoot more and share more. Here is from a trip to the park earlier. Too bad I wasn't really paying attention to what the camera was doing and most of the shots didn't turn out.
Cropped and sharpened a bit.

4217569540_2fd02cd901.jpg

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
I took one of my photos from a summer series and used Corel Painter to develop an image with "painted" look. You lose some of the detail of the brush work at this scale, but I thought I'd share it anyway. It took about 5 hours with a tablet to do the brush work over the 36x60" image and then on to photoshop to clean up some mistakes. I may never paint again... jk, but it does present some possibilities for making posters and large prints.
ta6spj

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Happy Holidays to all. Santa brought me a tripod so as soon as I set it up I tried out a couple of techniques for the first time..
4221137836_49b5211a8c_b.jpg

4221138612_551e615225_b.jpg

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Shot this evening as a test for an upcoming magazine assignment, have never used Delta 3200, straight from the scan, no toning, no photoshop, no sharpening....Man Rodinal brings out acuteness, love that developer.

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I took one of my photos from a summer series and used Corel Painter to develop an image with "painted" look. You lose some of the detail of the brush work at this scale, but I thought I'd share it anyway. It took about 5 hours with a tablet to do the brush work over the 36x60" image and then on to photoshop to clean up some mistakes. I may never paint again... jk, but it does present some possibilities for making posters and large prints.
ta6spj

5 hours well spent

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
ta6spj

I had Painter 11 on my wish list just for this sort of work. Very nice and love the feel to it. Just look at it like five hours was learned for the next one. Keep them coming :)

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Shot this evening as a test for an upcoming magazine assignment, have never used Delta 3200, straight from the scan, no toning, no photoshop, no sharpening....Man Rodinal brings out acuteness, love that developer.

Wow this really jogs the memory banks. For the young folk out there, Rodinal is a single-use developing fluid for black and white film. It's the oldest photographic product still in use. The perfectionists in my photo classes would use nothing but Rodinal. Delta 3200 has a Flickr pool with 955 members. If I had a wet darkroom, I'd still be shooting B&W.

Oh, nice shot. What is the theme of the project?

Dale

I learned on this...but mine was older....

Attachments

• Calumet-540-01 copy.jpg
    Calumet-540-01 copy.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 112
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.