Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
I took one of my photos from a summer series and used Corel Painter to develop an image with "painted" look. You lose some of the detail of the brush work at this scale, but I thought I'd share it anyway. It took about 5 hours with a tablet to do the brush work over the 36x60" image and then on to photoshop to clean up some mistakes. I may never paint again... jk, but it does present some possibilities for making posters and large prints.
ta6spj

What I like about this besides the great color is that I can actually see the movement, as the grass bends in the breeze. I'm sure it would be very nice large.

Shot this evening as a test for an upcoming magazine assignment, have never used Delta 3200, straight from the scan, no toning, no photoshop, no sharpening....Man Rodinal brings out acuteness, love that developer.
I have a bottle of Rodinal stashed somewhere... definitely highlights the edges of your grain. I never tried Delta 3200, but I've used lots of other Illford film. I have pushed Delta 400 a couple of stops, which yielded interesting results. I love experimenting with all that chemistry...

Any hints as to what your photo assignment is about?

rekud300

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2009
Ohio
Daughters Xmas Tree

My daughter decorated the tree and she wanted a picture of it.

To surprise her, I took several shots at different angles and this one came out that really expresses her style.

My wife wants to maybe use it for our Christmas card next year.

CC welcome.

Attachments

• DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 115

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Wow this really jogs the memory banks. For the young folk out there, Rodinal is a single-use developing fluid for black and white film. It's the oldest photographic product still in use. The perfectionists in my photo classes would use nothing but Rodinal. Delta 3200 has a Flickr pool with 955 members. If I had a wet darkroom, I'd still be shooting B&W.

Oh, nice shot. What is the theme of the project?

Dale

I learned on this...but mine was older....

I shot it with one of my Blads and a 60 CF while out walking in town as a processing test, ASA 2,000 souped at 2,500. The story is about a rough around the edges community of ski bums and Mtn. folk who live in teepees and ratty cabins with wood burning stoves above a town of billionaires in a ski town. In the Winter, they have to use snowmobiles to get to their homes. In some cases, they ride the ski hill gondola with groceries and ski down into their little hidden part of paradise.

I was hoping to tackle it before I go on assignment in Times Square for New Years, but I am going to have to do it when I get back because I want to spend a whole day if not overnight doing the other piece. I split tomorrow in the early AM.

Happy New Years folks!

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
NathanCH, TheReef, oblomow, Artful Dodger, pdxflint - thanks for the positive feedback.

I'm working on another image and may post it if it turns out. I don't want to take away from the photo aspect of the forum, though.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Another from the shop

4227695649_e8c80f7942_o.jpg

The old Sony DSC F717 again
Exposure Time: 1 / 30 Braced cam agains steel girder
FNumber: 2
Focal Length: 9.7
ISO Speed Ratings: 320
Max Aperture Value: 2.0625

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
No, I haven't decided what to do about my Aperture/file management problem. Right now Aperture still doesn't support my new camera, so I'm increasingly tempted to jump back over to LightRoom. In the meantime, I'm limping along with DPP and Adobe Bridge for my newest images.

I have been admiring your images for some time now. I also absolutely love your web site.

What new camera did you get? And I'm also stuck deciding what to do about my photos. Right now I have half of them in Aperture and half in Lightroom. Not really sure which way to go.

Alexmo123

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
from gasworks park handheld on a d90 so high iso (grainy)

Attachments

• skyline hdr.jpg
    skyline hdr.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 117
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.