Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Holga scan #2. This one was a little darker because I didn't use a flash and there was barely enough light available. There's a ton of grain due to the scanner getting all the data out it could.

gaswerks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2006
varadero market ...

Attachments

• market2.jpg
    market2.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 99

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Layers

KamniskoSedlo2.jpg

Camera: Pentax K20D; Lens: Vivitar Series1 90mm f2.5 Macro
Exposure: 90mm, f8, 1/250s, ISO200, EV-0.5

I like this more every time I look at it. A teen little bit of graduated density in the upper half would make it just perfect.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
Hi guys!

Some fantastic shots in this thread and I've loved flicking through for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

As for me I'm relatively new to this game, bought myself my first dslr at the end of September... I think it's safe to say I've been bitten by the bug though!

A trip to Africa provided me with countless shots, but below is possibly my favourite - taken at a safari game reserve a few hours north east of capetown... Love to hear all comments good or bad!

4057635768_7131c3e016_b.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
After weeks of rain, it's good to be out and about with my camera again. This is Crackpot Hall, which enjoyed the best view in the Yorkshire Dales until it collapsed a generation ago. The view itself was too extreme yesterday, looking into the sun, so I shot the ruins of the hall instead.

I was on a field trip with my business partner, to show her exactly how I'd get people to look more closely at the landscape (we're going to run a series of landscape photography workshops, starting next easter). The light was very obliging: changeable, lighting up different parts of the scene every couple of minutes. Ideal. The challenge will be to have five keen photographers out here when it's pouring down with rain. :eek:

This location, in Swaledale, is where we'll be doing our first workshop. You wouldn't guess from this pic, but there's a small and comfortable hotel a mere half an hour's walk from where I was standing...

crackpothall.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Donna Lou

Another from Newport harbor, Dock 5.
DSC_1994.jpg

Model: NIKON D300
ISO: 1600
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 300mm

This location, in Swaledale, is where we'll be doing our first workshop. You wouldn't guess from this pic, but there's a small and comfortable hotel a mere half an hour's walk from where I was standing...

crackpothall.jpg

Again, fantastic light, gorgeous scenery. I would absolutely love to spend a few days wandering around this area with you... Who knows...? I might find a way. I'm glad you've weathered the abnormal sogginess and the sun peeks out around the clouds again giving you such changeable lighting.

isianto

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2007
Indonesia
Took it indoor in my office, using a single flash. I personally kind of like the lightning eve though it's still hard light, but please advice me to make it better.

Attachments

• DSC_5178.jpg
    DSC_5178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98

Joe King

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
TibraddenMountain.jpg

Tibradden Mountain, Dublin, Ireland

An Early Bronze Age burial was discovered here in 1849, but the mound of stone (pictured), with a passage leading to a circular chamber in the centre surrounded by a bench (no longer extant), was erected in the 19th century to allow people to gaze in wonderment at the site of such an ancient burial.

View looking North towards Kilmashogue Mountain and behind it Dublin Bay (including Howth Peninsula in the distance) and the Irish Sea.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi guys!

Some fantastic shots in this thread and I've loved flicking through for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

As for me I'm relatively new to this game, bought myself my first dslr at the end of September... I think it's safe to say I've been bitten by the bug though!

A trip to Africa provided me with countless fantastic shots, but below is possibly my favourite - taken at a safari game reserve a few hours north east of capetown... Love to hear all comments good or bad!

well done! captured a lion in its most basic predatory form. well framed too. up close and personal :)

love it.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
well done! captured a lion in its most basic predatory form. well framed too. up close and personal :)

love it.

Why thank you very much!

Anything you would do differently? I'm very keen to improve wherever I can so all suggestions appreciated!

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi guys!

<snip>

A trip to Africa provided me with countless shots, but below is possibly my favourite - taken at a safari game reserve a few hours north east of capetown... Love to hear all comments good or bad!

This is a great photo and steps out of the Serene Beast mode that a lot of big cat photos, especially tigers, seem to fall into. As others have noted, the wild look is really striking. All I can say in regards to comments is that the background and surrounding environment flatten it out a bit because they have the same tonal range as the cat. I cropped it a bit to emphasize the expression. Comments?

Dale

Attachments

• LionCrop.jpg
    LionCrop.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.