Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Went out this afternoon to try out my new Eos400d, only to find that by the time i got to where i was going, the fog was coming down and the best i could manage was the following.:eek:
2255800506_dd34d1ab7b.jpg

Comments welcome, but please be gentle, as it really was my first attempt.

Great shot: simple, graphic. It really works for me.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
QUESTION: How do you quote an image, and make it a thumbnail size so you are not quoting it at the full size and taking a lot of room up?

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Went out this afternoon to try out my new Eos400d, only to find that by the time i got to where i was going, the fog was coming down and the best i could manage was the following.

Awesome shot. How did you make it Black and white except for the stones there or whatever the green stuff is??? I always wonder how people do that. Is it a program, something in the camera?

Anyways, awesome landscape, love it :)

TommyD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Awesome shot. How did you make it Black and white except for the stones there or whatever the green stuff is??? I always wonder how people do that. Is it a program, something in the camera?

Anyways, awesome landscape, love it :)

Cheers mate.

The 'effect' was done with photoshop. Original image was colour, although to be honest, it wasn't very colourful. I then created a black and white adjustment layer, selected the Eraser tool and scrubbed the colour back into the stones.

Probably not the 'correct' way to do it, as i'm new to this too, but it worked not too bad for me.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Went out this afternoon to try out my new Eos400d, only to find that by the time i got to where i was going, the fog was coming down and the best i could manage was the following.:eek:

Amazing photo. That place must look very interesting in real life..

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
The 'effect' was done with photoshop. Original image was colour, although to be honest, it wasn't very colourful. I then created a black and white adjustment layer, selected the Eraser tool and scrubbed the colour back into the stones.

Probably not the 'correct' way to do it, as i'm new to this too, but it worked not too bad for me.

I don't think it really needs the colour - the black & white image is strong enough by itself.

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
My second try at a home made valentine's card. This one is suppose to be more funny then romantic.

<snip>
Haha very funny. I would bust my gut if I got that myself! Nice one!

<snip>

70ft underwater, off of Cayman Brac, BWI.

Nikonos V, 15mm @ 1/60sec, f/8, ISO 100
SS-200 x2 @ 1/2 power
Yup, a scan of a 35mm slide :D

-hh
Beautiful!

<snip>

No rubber gloves coming from me, I've put them away :) Beautiful shot mate! Did you selective colour it, or is it natural that way? Stunning.

Lovely! Great composion!

<snip>

Three tripod mounted RAWs // HDR
Shutter: varied
Aperture: f/9.1
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO 100
Beautiful as aways.

TommyD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Thanks so much to all you guys who posted comments on my picture. Being my first picture posting, i was worried it would get absolutely slaughtered, so the kind comments are really appreciated.

Now, how do i find time to go take more pics.;)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
DSC_0169-copy.jpg

Thoughtful
Luang Prabang, Laos
December 27, 2007.
Nikon D40x + NIKKOR 18-200mm VR
iso 400​

Great shot, freebooter! I love the look on the girl's face, and the way she's balancing. The rest of the kids contrast nicely with her contemplation, which makes it interesting. That 18-200 must be a nice walk-around lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.