Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Today in the woods...

mossqt6.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Again, so many great photos that I can't mention them all....

071016-1-24%20school-2ss.jpg

70ft underwater, off of Cayman Brac, BWI.

Nikonos V, 15mm @ 1/60sec, f/8, ISO 100
SS-200 x2 @ 1/2 power
Yup, a scan of a 35mm slide :D

-hh

I've always wanted to do this kind of underwater photography. I love the silvery symmetry of these fish. Great job! Gotta love those Nikonos cameras.

northplaza.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR
Shutter: 1/25 sec.
Aperture: f/16
Focal Length: 24 mm
ISO 100

Another of your "neighborhood" shots that I really do like. There seems to be a bit of a halo effect where the sky meets the horizon (not sure if it's a result of hdr,) but it doesn't seem to detract from the overall mood and character of the image.

The Langdale peaks (English Lake District) a couple of days ago...

langdalexd6.jpg

This shot makes me want to explore these hills and valleys. Well done.

Today in the woods...

mossqt6.jpg

Finally, I had to make mention of this one because it reminds me of the woods out here on the Oregon coast. It's amazing how experiences in completely different parts of the planet can mirror each other. Beautiful light and excellent capture, Doylem.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
local Oregon coast skyscraper...

A typical western red cedar. I really need a 10-20 wideangle...

DSC_0690.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 18mm

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Watchful eyes

Taken two weeks ago during a class trip. The insect my friend is holding is not a walking stick, but a kind of grasshopper! :) it belongs to the family Proscopidae. We found a small clearing that was packed with these critters.

Canon 400D +100mm macro + Ring Lite
F9, 1/200, ISO 100

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
p813687014.jpg

February 8, 2008
Falls Church, VA
Nikon D3
Nikkor 24-70mm lens
ISO 200
1/60 sec @ f/11
-2/3 EV
SB 800

One of several shots taken during the sacred ritual of Opening the Box Containing a New Mac..... :)

I really like the smoothness of the tones in this shot - I can definitely see the advantages of the D3's FX sensor. Of course the 24-70 ain't bad, either.

By the way, now that you have 3 Mac laptops and I don't even have one, any way I can talk you out of one of the old, tired MBPs...? (only <partially> kidding...;))

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
p813687014.jpg

February 8, 2008
Falls Church, VA
Nikon D3
Nikkor 24-70mm lens
ISO 200
1/60 sec @ f/11
-2/3 EV
SB 800

One of several shots taken during the sacred ritual of Opening the Box Containing a New Mac..... :)

Well, Im sorry to go against the crowd, but,although I love the concept here, unless it is the macrumors compression or something, it looks really choppy, and not very well done in terms of editing. Me personally, not the great in vigourous editing, shouldnt be speaking of this, because it would take me a long time to acheive what you've done. But that being said, the bottom left picture doesnt make a lot of sense, and looks very choppy. I love the top left one the most though. (Hope my little comment isnt stepping on any toes...to me, it seems like a great concept, and potential great final project, maybe just a little more work?)

edit: ohhh, after looking at it a little longer, I see the bottom left pic is the box :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Thank you, PDXFlint and Grimace! :) I had fun documenting each step of the way as I was unboxing my MBA.... Yes, the D3 is one super camera and the 24-70mm lens is absolutely superb as well.

Probably at some point my 15" MBP will be going bye-bye, but the 17" is in daily use (hooked up to a 23" ACD). The MBA will be taking over the responsibilities once handled by the 15" MBP.....

ETA: Marc, I can understand your confusion! Yes, the setup on this photo was kind of spur-of-the moment and I just arranged it so that the MBA, still in its plastic wrapping and freshly out of the tray in the box, was leaning against the box (the top of which has a photo of the MBA) and I made sure that the "Designed By Apple in California" tag was prominently displayed. Not really meant to be a fine-art piece but just fun documentation of my opening of the box and bringing my new baby into the world.... Also didn't bother to set things up properly as far as lighting, just used my SB 800 on board the camera. I was eager to get to the real fun of the day, actually firing up and using my new machine!

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Thank you, PDXFlint and Grimace! :) I had fun documenting each step of the way as I was unboxing my MBA.... Yes, the D3 is one super camera and the 24-70mm lens is absolutely superb as well.

Probably at some point my 15" MBP will be going bye-bye, but the 17" is in daily use (hooked up to a 23" ACD). The MBA will be taking over the responsibilities once handled by the 15" MBP.....

ETA: Marc, I can understand your confusion! Yes, the setup on this photo was kind of spur-of-the moment and I just arranged it so that the MBA, still in its plastic wrapping and freshly out of the tray in the box, was leaning against the box (the top of which has a photo of the MBA) and I made sure that the "Designed By Apple in California" tag was prominently displayed. Not really meant to be a fine-art piece but just fun documentation of my opening of the box and bringing my new baby into the world.... Also didn't bother to set things up properly as far as lighting, just used my SB 800 on board the camera. I was eager to get to the real fun of the day, actually firing up and using my new machine!

Hey clix pix, what are you gonna be doing with the 15'' MBP? Are you going to sell it?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Another shot from the mossy woods yesterday. This track is the old road between two market towns, 'engineered' to keep a steady gradient, and paved with stones. I can imagine packhorse ponies, laden down with panner bags, trudging these long miles...

oldroadrp7.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006

This pic brings back memories (and not good ones :() of walking the West Highland Way with 'friends'. They were 'friends' (rather than friends...) 'cos all they were interested in was clocking up the miles as quickly as possible. So every morning, by the time we'd walked a mile or two, they were out of sight and I was walking on my own. The mosquitos were a nightmare, and each evening, when I staggered into the pub, my 'friends' had already finished their meal. What finished me was seeing a line of bare and bloodstained footprints across the carpet, and I realised that people were taking long distance walking way too seriously. The next morning I got on the first train back to Glasgow...

Hopefully, oblomow, your experiences were more positive than mine. :)

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Today in the woods...
Doylem, you never cease to amaze me!

and Apple never ceases to amaze me as well! (beautiful work, by the way ClixPix):p

I'm on the blackBook out of town in Sarasota this weekend, and don't have the nerve to attempt posting anything edited with this glossy screen, but I have been working on a gallery anyways, how does it look out there in the real world?

link: esa contest

TommyD

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland.
Went out this afternoon to try out my new Eos400d, only to find that by the time i got to where i was going, the fog was coming down and the best i could manage was the following.:eek:
2255800506_dd34d1ab7b.jpg

Comments welcome, but please be gentle, as it really was my first attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.