Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Great shot, freebooter! I love the look on the girl's face, and the way she's balancing. The rest of the kids contrast nicely with her contemplation, which makes it interesting. That 18-200 must be a nice walk-around lens.

Thanks. :)
The 18-200mm was made for travel. I used it almost all the time.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Happy Monday.:rolleyes:

_1080831-1.jpg

L1 + ZD 70-300mm
1/1600 @ f/6.3, ISO 250

KameraGoddis

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
Haight Street Mural

Taken in San Francisco's Haight Street with a Digital Revel XTi and Canon 24-70 mm F2.8 lens.

Attachments

• WallMural.jpg
    WallMural.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 97

BOOSTD

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
Late Night Commuters

Looking into a bus in San Francisco.

Comments welcome!

Attachments

• Man Sitting on MUNI bus in San Francisco.jpg
    Man Sitting on MUNI bus in San Francisco.jpg
    650.5 KB · Views: 89

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Nice idea, but if you're using a narrow depth of field, then the subject of the picture should snap into focus... letting everything else go into blur. Here the point of focus is just an area of the ornamental fence; it's like saying to the viewer "This is the important bit of the picture. Look here" and then not delivering on that promise. Does that make sense? :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Baja daybreak

A beach on the calm Sea of Cortez serves as a perfect anchoring spot for a small boat in Loretto, Baja California Sur.

img_0030.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/4.9
Focal Length: 23.4mm

ppc_michael

Apr 26, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Nice idea, but if you're using a narrow depth of field, then the subject of the picture should snap into focus... letting everything else go into blur. Here the point of focus is just an area of the ornamental fence; it's like saying to the viewer "This is the important bit of the picture. Look here" and then not delivering on that promise. Does that make sense? :)

Certainly. :) For this photo I was going for shapes and contrast though. The different fractal pattern of the trees at the top of the frame vs. the solid black of the rail, etc. I actually don't want this to have a subject.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Also how do I add the image inline into the post instead of as an attachment?

I'm the last person who should be answering this, 'cos I'm a bit clueless really. But no-one else has responded, so...

If your photo is already hosted on the web (I'm using ImageShack), you can copy the location, click the little yellow box (with 'sun' and 'mountain' when you're posting)... then paste your location into the box. This will display your image in the post: ie not as a thumbnail. Hope this helps...

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007

MMA or BBJ no-gi training?

Inspired by that:

large

Canon EOS 30D with Sigma 28-70mm @ 28mm
1/250
f/2.8
ISO 800

Taken at Fight Arena 11 in Albertslund, Copenhagen, Denmark

And yes, I know the watermark is badly placed but this picture is one out of around 900 from that event so I just batched them all in PS.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Back to loving film. :D

I like the out-of-focus look of this shot, the classic black-and-white film grain and smoothness of grayscale gradiation. It works. Now... go get in some peoples' faces. ;) I'm sure you know who Garry Winogrand is, but if not... check his work out. Here's an interesting article by Frank Van Riper of the Washington Post on Winogrand, and another by Mason Resnick of Modern Photography in 1988, describing a 2-week workshop with Garry Winogrand. And, for all students of street photography and photojournalism, a great read called "Class Time with Garry Winogrand" by a former student of Garrys at the University of Texas, OC Garza, is worth reading. Winogrand wasn't concerned about the technical aspects of photography, focusing more on how to "see," and his body of work won't be forgotten, and instead will be discussed for years.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
That's really interesting. :)

I've been trying to be a tad more direct in newer shots because I think I have a lot of people's backs. =p Using a film camera makes it easier though since it's quieter and more discreet. Still saving up for that Leica though. ;)

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Still working on some of them, but heres one thats almost ready. Still fiddling around with a few things to get it the way i want. I wont be able to finish until tomorrow, when I have some more time though.

Attachments

• SG1S0642.jpg
    SG1S0642.jpg
    860.4 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.