Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
Inbound Bald Eagle

It's February already? I was wondering why there were no new posts in the January thread :confused:

Took this pic yesterday of a female Bald Eagle on final to a pine tree where their nest is located. C&C always welcome.

p233003218-4.jpg

Phazotron

Feb 10, 2005
USA
Actually... still made in the U.S. Wonder how long before these are outsourced...

Another point 'n shoot macro (Lumix LZ8.)

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/30 sec
Aperture: 3.3
Focal Length: 5.2mm
Flash Used: No

I heard they are already having problems with cheap copies from China... struggling to stay afloat as a business. :(

Ridge08

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2009
It's February already? I was wondering why there were no new posts in the January thread :confused:

Took this pic yesterday of a female Bald Eagle on final to a pine tree where their nest is located. C&C always welcome.

p233003218-4.jpg

Wow!

(First post on here; beginning photographer; I`ll post a contribution as soon as I decide what photo hosting website to set up with.)

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
I'm really liking your portraits. Really well done! They make me want to study the subjects' faces. I can almost hear this guy playing guitar and singing the blues.

Thanks pdxflint. I've been experimenting a bit with different treatments, but it's great to hear that some of the character is coming across.

Matt's well worth tracking down. He sounds pretty good on CD, but it's nothing to the full-on experience of him singing and playing live. Yesterday afternoon he was 6 feet in front of me and the raw power was unbelievable.

If anyone's interested, the session was for David Freeman's show on Jazz FM (jazzfm.com) and it'll go out a week on Saturday.

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
It's like a psudo-self portrait...

Again, you can click it...
:p

Oh! In case anyone cares, all I'm doing is using URL tags, and where text should go, I insert an image... :D

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland

This is a beautiful capture, the low light is really lovely .

We didn't have that much snow yesterday, but enough to make me grab the camera and run to the park :D (Pentax K10d - 55mm - f6.3 - 1/249 sec - iso 400)

Thanks very much - Paulimac24 , Phrasikleia , w_parietti22 .

Phrasikleia - Yip, I still had my 0.8 Nd Grad, and polariser on my lens when I grabbed the wave shot. (Pentax K10d & Kit lens 28mm - f16 - 1/5 sec - iso 100)

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2006

Found this really neat old, neglected Dodge on the side of the road today. Luckily, I had my camera with me... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.